This Episode ad

I was playing Super Stylist for some turds and giggles. Then I saw this ad. It sends such a bad message to young and impressionable girls.

21 Likes

Honestly this feels as though it would go against their own guidelines. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

13 Likes

Guidelines don’t exist for episode ads apparently :upside_down_face:

15 Likes

They definitely don’t as long as it makes money it doesn’t matter. They will break guidelines for their own gain but if a small author had a small breach of guidelines then the story is most likely taken down.

9 Likes

The ads are just…not always an accurate representation of the game. There are plenty of user stories that read like novels without toeing the guidelines.

6 Likes

The ads: :poop: :clown_face: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
The actual game: :star_struck: :heart: :strawberry:

11 Likes

Ads like this is why people who don’t read community stories have such a cringy impression of episode

9 Likes

Wtf, Episode… 🤦🏽 This is what you like to promote? Clickbait, cringey, inappropriate ads? You’re only scaring away mobile gamers, and it’s not cool. How about promoting ads that don’t involve romance, s*x, or incest, like fantasy? People love seeing a character show off their magical powers—anything other than this “drop it like it’s not” crap. (Yes, I said not because this is NOT hot at all.)

12 Likes

just let me make two characters hold hands, i’m getting reported🥲

4 Likes

Gross

4 Likes

Greta Thunberg Voice: hOw dArE yOu!!1!

2 Likes

Actually it’s a trick that many apps do and its pretty successful

1 Like

WTF??? I’ve seen episode ads that are innapropriate, but if I saw this I would NOT join the app! I mean come on

3 Likes

wtf is this :sob: :sob: :sob:

2 Likes

It’s such a horrible image. I swear the ad literally looks like a p*rn game. Some other ads too really gave me uncomfortable vibes.

4 Likes

Yup. And the choices are terrible!

1 Like

I actually started playing episode cause of an ad :sneezing_face: it was about “my tempting mistake” story if I’m not wrong

4 Likes

I got the same thing a while ago, don’t remember which app though. It’s just … um :grimacing:

2 Likes

So, this is what episode ads have come to- :neutral_face:

3 Likes

You say this like any of their ads ever really had potential :joy:, this is almost a thirst trap for creeps to get more readers. :nauseated_face: I am glad I never saw these ads before downloading or I would have never done so.

3 Likes