This is a lot of complaining dw about it :) (or join in and promote your stories)

Oh yeah it takes a little time especially if you only have three episodes posted.
If you want more then your have to write more people will start to notice it more when you have more episodes out. :kissing_heart:

1 Like
  1. I’m definitely going to read this story! I honestly usually don’t even read stories without CC, let alone a male MC, but it sounds really interesting!
  2. I don’t really have any advice. I’ve never published a story on episode but I’ve published traditional stories on other apps and I generally just let the reads come to me. Ngl, I wrote in a highly demanding “niche” of genre so it was kind of easy in a way to get reads. I mean this in the least rude way possible, but you kinda have to write for people. Write what people would want to read and such. (Kind of like how romance and drama stories generally get more reads than action or magic stories)
  3. Pretend like you write as a job! I found that this helps me a ton for some reason, I can’t really explain it LMAO

Also when you get more reads try doing a publishing schedule…it will keep your readers locked down bc they will know when the next episode will come out or maybe keep them updated on insta

1. Will you read my story? (details below) - The MC is Salem. Bitch, Salem Witch Trials. Yes, I’d read that.
  2. Does anyone have any suggestions for story promotion? Groups have shoutout forms
  3. Any advice on not getting demotivated? Walk, alone, with music, and just talk to yourself about ideas.

Hey. I was also in that situation last time. But currently, IDK how, I have some stories which are trending in the mystery section; months after my story is fully released.

There are authors like you and me, who worked so hard, put in all the efforts, but never get noticed.
The number of reads does take time to increase for us.

1. I will love to check out your story.

2. I know that everyone will mention Instagram. But guess what? I don’t have an IG account! I usually do some R4Rs; in which many had ghosted me, but there are some who does it seriously.
    And maybe send in your story to some story reviewer for feedbacks. Sometimes, they can point out the mistakes that we had never noticed.
    And I recently came up with this idea of sharing your story. Seems like there are people who do click on the links. Maybe your story might get some reads here. Read the conditions first before sending in yours.

1. Don’t ever give up till you had completed your story. I had been demotivated due to the reads and negative comments. Not all of us are lucky to read early recognition for our stories. It does take some time.
    Satisfaction and happiness do come in once you had completed your story. You will be really proud of yourself.

So, all the best to you in your story writing. I will pm you once I’ve read a few chapters of your story. Maybe some feedback will help you to improve your story. :heart:

@courtana Thanks for your suggestion. :slight_smile:
@line123462 I did call myself out for unnecessary complaining multiple times in my own rant. I’ve actually done quite a bit of promotion, particularly on instagram by talking to reviewers, positing previews, getting shoutouts, etc., (this included R4R which I quit doing because there was a trend of me reading and the other person not developing), I’ve also done some on the forums by positing my story in various threads.
@AmandaReckonwyth Thanks. :slight_smile: You’re completely right about writing to fit certain people. Thanks for your advice.
@Canadian Thank you. I really have no idea how else to respond. :joy:
@LynnAnn Do you have any advice as to which reviewers? (Also going to check out your link.) And thanks for the feedback.

3 Likes

I’m not too sure as to which specific reviewer. I had randomly sent some of my story links to some of them. Sorry :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have read half of the first episode since reading this post, so yes.

Selective R4R with authors you think might enjoy your story, and getting a glowing review from a popular instagram group. Your story needs to be very good for the latter part.

Many authors undergo the same thing at the start, and from what I’ve seen in the forum posts, I don’t think I’ve seen your story being promoted very much. You can’t expect to get 1K in a month when it’s your first story, moreover when the premise is not the most common on Episode.

1 Like

Hey. I am also in the same position. You know, it’s my first story, I came up with a non existing story, but just not with romance in the main plot. I’ve noticed stories getting more reads in shorter time, who are also new authors. I just think if you like writing, don’t look too much at the amount of reads. I use my Instagram to promote, but I also know that lots of them just say yes, but don’t read it. Don’t get demotivated! You’re not the only one, just keep the good work up and you’ll get more reads! I will definitely take a look at your story.

1 Like

@Licorice Thanks! I’ve done most of my promoting on Instagram.
@Emma_episode_03 Thanks. :slight_smile: What’s your story? I’d love to check it out.

1 Like

Girl, I feel you. My stupid mobile story about Eminem got me like 800 reads in three months… Literally 100 reads overnight. Now, I’m struggling to get reads on my new story I worked really hard on. I’m sitting here like, "OMG this stupid mobile story with cringey directing, terrible dialogue, and weird storyline got me so many reads (you know, for being what it was) and this new story of mine hasn’t got any even though I’ve been promoting it like crazy. I understand it can be frustrating, but I’m sure you’ll get more reads! It takes time. But hell, I’ll give it a read! I love me some Sci-Fi!

1 Like

My story is called: Ring of life

1 Like

Thanks a ton. It can definitely be really frustrating. (Lowkey I miss the mobile portal. It was a lot of fun lol.)

@emma_episode_03 Adding it to favorites now. It looks really good.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:
Still reading your story, but it’s really good! I’m hooked on the story from the very beginning!

Hi, thank you for this!
I’d love to do R4R and exchange ss after that!

Name: A Better Life

Genre: Romance

Subgenre: Drama

Description: You were finally adopted by a lovely couple. One day they tell you they have a big surprise for you. Who knew that this surprise would change your life forever?

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5179444455211008

Style: LL and also has CC

My Instagram: @edenepisode

1 Like

Hey! I’d love to do R4R and exchange ss after that!
I’m Ali and this is my first time writing!
I don’t have any reader yet but I promise that if you give my story a shot you’ll like it.
I mean, if like a good high school cliche, of course.

If you are interested in reading, here it is: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5084931626434560

Title: Summer Love
Description: The championship is here, but so is the boy that will turn Stella’s life upsidedown. Is she going to resist the charms of the soccer’s team captain or she will fall for him? We have romance, cheerleaders, soccer team, drama, friendship and a lot more.
Chapters: 4 (ongoing)
Style: LL
Genre: Romance
Cover:

1 Like

For not getting d-motivated you should remember how much you enjoy writing and seeing that people are enjoying your story, even if you’re the only person that’s enjoying it - it’s worth it. the reads doesn’t matter as much as your enjoyment. Of course it helps when people read your story and give their opinion ans stuff but doing something you love and that you feel a connection to makes everything better. (Sorry if it’s a little messy I tried to gather all my thought and they are also messy :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

I’ve finished the first episodes, started on the second and I really like it! Interesting characters, great world building and dialogue! I get why you’re frustrated, I can see that a lot of your time went into this, especially with all the advanced directing. I’m sorry I don’t have any other advice than what you’ve already tried. And I would just like to say that episode should have a more expanded new stories section, cause I personally like finding new and different stories, instead of reading all of the most popular and identical ones. (not that they’re all the same, I’ve just read many of the top stories with basically the same story and theme).

2 Likes

I agree with you, I like the popular stories but I feel like the “small” writers also make some incredible stories and don’t get enough appreciation bc most people will go and read the more popular stories
They should do like a section for starting writers or something

2 Likes