This is a message for all!

Also what I meant by a non binary body was one that was labelled as non binary or agender, rather than male or female, as I know that all agender and non binary people can be more masc, fem, or anything inbetween!

Not really. For the Episode Official stories I’m sure their directors have the required coding skills to do that much branching, but again, it comes down to time. Episode wants their stories written and coded as fast as possible as the longer they sit in development, the more money they cost as opposed to money they could be making. Not to mention that when Episode does multi-gendered routes they often don’t change any dialogue or situations, and let me tell you that a lot of bad representation is not better than a little good representation. I’m not saying it’s right, but it is the reality of Episode being a business.

3 Likes

Plus not all women have big breasts too.

3 Likes

True, that’s a valid point.

1 Like

I at least agree that if they give the option to choose your own gender in a story nonbinary should be an option. The dysphoria I get from having to choose between “male” or “female” is real in every. damn. story. That’s why I don’t even read ones where you have to choose, I’d rather have it be predetermined. And making my own avatar for the app, again, is a struggle. Even just choosing your pronouns in a story would be huge. It’s just so disconcerting to have to choose between “big shoulders and abs” and “hourglass big breasts” because not everyone looks like that, even cis men and women.

2 Likes

We genuinely need flat breast characters and outfits cuz in case a small (4-5 years old) girl is shown, you cannot expect the girl to have big breasts :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Not only that, but it is a very stereotypical display of a woman, Even the male characters have one without big abs and broad shoulders, which to me is sexism how they can get rid of the stereotypes for a male but not for a female.

1 Like

It would be great if people who are good at coding made some chose your gender and chose your pronouns templates. I think the reason most writers don’t add that stuff is because it is genuinely a lot of coding and coding multiple arcs can gets very confusing.

2 Likes

Yes. But I also think that, as you said, people who code advanced.
I know coders who are typing up more advanced choices than pronouns, orientation, and gender, so I just think people who can do it, really should,

Well but not wanting to offend people doesnt mean you have to dance around the subject entirely. Ask people in the community what they would like to see in their representation, or simply change the language peoole use (for pronouns). Not everyone’s life revolves around their gender so using they/them pronouns for instance wouldnt necessarily even have to be addressed in the story depending on the context.

To make this publicity here
Then IN MY OPINION episode should hold a contest on this topic

I know u just got offended I will just delete it sorry

No not at all, I think you are right in that that is part of why there is less representation in stories. I’m sorry if I made it seem like I was offended, I just wanted to say that there is a solution to that problem so that anyone could write an inclusive story.

1 Like

I agree with mostly everything but I think they should add plus size male bodies first!

Now the point you made about the different gender LI or non- binary ones

Some stories can’t include those branches due to the plot of the story and it’s very difficult to code/branch all of that stuff especially when your a new author or don’t have any time, but I think if you have time and know how to do it then ofc you should add those branches if you want to!

1 Like