This is getting ridicilous

How many days has it been? 8? 10? The backgrounds and overlays have been delayed for over 2 weeks now. They are not even getting approved in a week. It’s 2 weeks! And now? The portal is glitching! Every bloody time I save the script, poof! Runtime error! This used to be a glitch that happens when you try to preview your script with missing characters, now, it’s every freaking second! This needs to stop. The portal is falling apart. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a riot. Smh.

11 Likes

Well, that’s maybe because many members of the team are on summer vacation?
That’s exactly what is happening at my workplace, lately whenever I send an e-mail requesting approval or reporting a system issue, I receive back an out of office message and it often happens I’m unable to make any progress for a week…

I know how annoying this is, I have to close and reopen the portal every time I change something in the script and I want to preview it. I finally finished a new chapter on Friday and I was about to publish it when I realized my overlays are still in review. And yeah, I’m still waiting.

I’m sure I won’t be popular with this, but that’s just about publishing/updating an Episode story, and not the end of the world. Believe me it’s much more annoying having to make up all the bullshit I have to tell my clients why I still haven’t processed their order…

1 Like

We know this isn’t the end of the world. But there are people who live off of episode. Who at least pay their rent with episode. And if you’re in a business. You should be able to handle main stuff. This wasn’t like this before Liz went on maternity leave.

3 Likes

Honestly I don’t think this has anything to do with Liz. She certainly did a great job, but I believe she managed completely different areas. Some authors get paid for writing, I get that, but they won’t really lose anything by waiting a little longer. They probably won’t have that many reads on a week when they are unable to update, but they still can continue writing the next chapter(s), publish them in batches, and their reads will get doubled or tripled the next week.
This is just my opinion and I only shared it because I don’t think this would justify a riot. It’s annoying though.

I reread your post and now I’m not sure you talked about the writers in the payment program… If you meant the Episode team members, I see where you are coming from.

As people who are bringing money in for Episode, because we’re making and producing stories (most of us with no pay) of course we’ll be annoyed if our backgrounds aren’t being reviewed, we have everything done to a schedule. Most of us can’t even tell our readers when new chapters will be published, I hope they can sort it out. :heart:

1 Like

episode rn:

episode%20rn

Damn though, TWO weeks? I have a small and large cover pending, no way do I wanna wait two weeks or longer to be able to use them. Hopefully this’ll be resolved soon. :pensive:

5 Likes

Update:

7 Likes

My prayings have been answered, thank you team. And thank you Jeremy for informing us. :sob:

my cover’s been pending for 2-3 weeks. :tired_face: i hope they fix this soon

3 Likes

Yeah Ive been waiting for about 2 weeks now for it as well. Hope they fix it.

1 Like

Do you have a rough time estimate? 10 days, 2 weeks, 3 weeks? Sorry to ask- I’m just very curious

There have been so many errors recently, not only with the covers but with previewing everything. I’ve been waiting for some backgrounds to be accepted for about a week now. This morning I just got some overlays approved though. It really is getting ridiculous I can’t even write without running into errors. I am just trying to be understanding about it.

1 Like

I’ve also sent two support tickets and I haven’t gotten a response but it said they received it.

1 Like

i’m just gonna be fake-dying until all of my stuff gets approved

1 Like