This is really annoyinggg

So I edit episode characters, it’s kind of the only art I’ve nearly mastered, but whenever I remove the background, the quality of the picture goes down by like -100 :sob:
Is there any way I can stop this from happening?

If you use a background remover that is what will happen. I have heard people use image quality enhancers.

1 Like

Oh ok, didn’t know if it was just me
Do you know of any good ones?

Every single background remover does that. You will have to use a quality enhancer, but they really mess with the shadowing and colors of Episode characters.

Edit: There are a few that don’t do that, but you have to get a membership or something.

1 Like

I remove mine by myself which can take a while but I found it helps the quality stay high :))

2 Likes

I just crop them out myself on the editing app by rubbing out the bg. Mainly bc if u use a bg remover, quality is ruined & if u use a quality enhancer, colors r ruined. So, I do it myself bc it maintains the image as it was, it’s so annoying tho lol

1 Like

If you use a good photo editing software it won’t do that. I have multiple editing softwares just because of my job, but Art Studio is a cheap app that’s great for beginners. It was only $5 when I bought it (but that was a long time ago). It is compatible with iPhone and iPad.

Oh ok, I’ll try that, once I get $5 :sweat_smile:

Oh ok, I used to do that, but it took forever, I didn’t think it would make a difference, but I should do that I guess

Yeah, I’ll start doing that

Ok, thanks, I’ll see if there’s one that I like the results of! Any suggestions?

1 Like

I use Krita. It’s free and has a magic wand tool to get rid of the background, then you can just go around and remove the excess the tool didn’t get.

Oh, I have Krita! I didn’t know you could do that on there, I haven’t really used that, except to add filters and stuff, I’ll check that out now
Thanks everyone!

1 Like

Since Krita can be a pain to find anything on, I took a picture and circled the tool. Just be sure to click out of it after you’re done or you won’t be able to do anything else lol

1 Like

Ikr, tysm :blush:

1 Like

Thanks @lostintranslation
@Sydney_H can you close this now, please

2 Likes

I use https://deep-image.ai/. It works pretty good, but it works better with single characters than couples or multiple characters. It’s free, but you have to sign up for an account to use it.

1 Like

Oh ok, I’ll try it too!

1 Like

Closed by OP request. :smiley: