This is weird buuuttttt

You can follow me
I will follow you my user name akanksha.writes

2 Likes

Hey I’d love to follow you! Mine is Iris Levont, literally the only one on the app :joy: One sec–Done!

4 Likes

Lol, funny thing, I already do! Idk if you follow me tho

3 Likes

I just followed you!

3 Likes

Bump!

1 Like

I just followed you back

1 Like

Ok

I’ll follow you :kissing_heart:
I’m @Raitlyn

2 Likes

Thank you, I just followed you back (sorry it took so long I’m in school )

1 Like

It’s fine! So am I :upside_down_face:

Only your story stats impact your ranking, so retention, gems spent, chapter reads etc I guess exposure and whatnot also has an effect too such as recommendations and sharing etc but the Episode follow feature doesn’t really do anything in my opinion, considering there’s no feed anymore and no notifications of updates or anything. It’s basically just there without much purpose…

The only upside I see at the moment is that when you follow an author, it’s easier to find their profile (by viewing the profiles that you follow) if they ever change their name or if you want to browse their profile in order to see their stories. I suppose it’s good if you want to see if an author recommends anything. But apart from that, I don’t see any other benefits to it and I don’t think it’s a huge contributor to ranking.

I’ve seen profiles with tons of followers with no reads and I’ve seen profiles with plenty of reads but not many followers. Either way, none of those followers are notified of any updates, publications or recommendations and you cannot interact with them on the Episode app itself. Those followers have to take the initiative themselves to search, and I honestly think most of them wouldn’t bother.

Also, not trying to be a downer or anything but I just thought I’d say my piece. :flushed:

Btw here’s a thread for it for anyone who hasn’t already supported:

4 Likes

I can most certainly guarantee that it boosts more than R4R (especially, since most of R4R I was screwed over… I read like 5 chapters and the other person decided to ignore my messages :roll_eyes:)

90% of my 300 reads comes from following others on Episode App. I wouldn’t advertise here to follow each other, it won’t work that way. It’s effective only if a person you follow is interested in reading your story - that’s the only kind of boost you can get. I’d recommend to just go and follow as many people as you wish :revolving_hearts:I’d also advise you to add to your App name “writer” or “author” so people would know that you have a published story (most people who follow back doesn’t go to view the profile).

2 Likes

I know right? What’s the point of following each other on the App in the first place? The only thing that comes to my mind is that a random person sees your profile and thinks “wow, this fellow has almost 15K followers” :roll_eyes:totally pointless!

At least when you follow someone there should be feed where the notifications would be like “XYZ just updated new chapter to the story ZYX” or “XYZ just recommended the story ZYX written by YZX!”.

3 Likes

Mine is Anna Marie I have about 800 something followers

2 Likes

Is it is?

1 Like

Yep!!

1 Like

Ok, well I just followed you. If you check your followers, you’ll see my profile.

1 Like

Yep I saw it!

1 Like

Good

I just followed you

1 Like