This is why i can go to school

hi guys , since yesterday i can’t go to school because the school because my school got vandalized just because of a drama in my “country” it an history about the mayor didn’t want to give the salary to some people or wutever .And those people who didn’t got theirs salary are the ones that vandalized my school but the worst thing is that they even vandalized the city hall (i Don’t know how that even happened) . And the principal is scared to re-open the school because they’re gonna vandalize anyway . 'Cause they want theirs salary and they’re not ready to give up ! So we still Don’t know when school is gonna be open.

Plus it not the only school that got vandalized , it all the school that are in my city that got vandalized

5 Likes

wow…

1 Like

give the people their salary, they are not there to teach for free, they work everyday, mark school work, go on field trips and whatever else, I just hope they give yall salary. Things are not for free, work isn’t for free, etc. Education matters, can’t stop there.

2 Likes

yeah , the mayor told in the news that he isn’t gonna give them theirs salary and like i said they aren’t giving up but the ones that are getting conséquences are the students because of this “war” they can’t learn right now , plus it my and my classmates last year in this school

1 Like

wow…

1 Like

So…I wonder how long are they going to continue this because this cant last forever. Parents pay for everything for their kids/children to get their education and move on.

1 Like

Yeah… But thank god this is the only city because if it was for all the city we would be so screwed plus my big sister would be also screwed because yesterday she was taking one of those exam so she could get a degree for university or Something like that…

1 Like

yeah, I agree.

1 Like

but the thing that is worrying me is that did they breaked in one of the classes , if they did maybe they break some of the material of my classmates or even mine

1 Like

Can I ask what country this is? The topic itself isn’t new though. Jokes and memes, current news have Teachers on strike and protesting for better salaries. Unless you’ve got a PH.D or master’s for some people. It’s usually not enough to live in the area.

I’m sorry to the students as I haven’t even graduated myself and could understand how that would feel. I have state exams two weeks from now, but this would be seen as a neutral position.

1 Like

it not really a country (i typed “country” because i forgot the word but now i remember the word , it an island) it Guadeloupe

2 Likes

I can understand your frustration ( here in my country we called it “paro” or in English “strike” and it’s something that happens often hehe) but to be honest there’s nothing you can do. I mean, you can go and be against these people and it’s vandalism but you must have a back up, something like a lot of people supporting you and that kind of stuff.
If the mayor said he’s not going to give them a better salary it will become a “who stands more” problem. I mean, there will be a moment where these people will get tired of not obtaining anything and will give up, or the mayor will change his mind depending on the force the people against him get. So, once again, I understand how annoying it can be but the best thing is to let time do its job and focused on other things. :weary:

2 Likes

yeah, I agree

This quite a complex topic. I mean yeah, teachers have to be paid, they’re underpaid already but then again if they’re on a strike, the kids can’t learn. And the students are the most important in this situation.

Striking is understandable but vandalizing a school,? Government property? Property that you pay taxes to fund. That’s not okay…at all. And also not very bright because it benefits no one. Even if the teachers were to get their salary, they’d still have to hold off on students starting class to repair the school…So who’s really getting the short end of the stick here? The students, they haven’t done anything wrong but suffer the most consequences

3 Likes

tbh i don’t really think teachers are involved because in the news they just said that the community of the strike (i Don’t know how to say it in English , i hope you get what i mean) did it but maybe there some teachers that did it/are involved in it though because some of teachers that i know are in that Community and when there’s a strike they are alway in but still this is wrong and unfair for the students.

2 Likes

So the people protesting are not employees of the public education system?

i think so . Most of them are not employees of the public education system but there some of them that are employees of the public education system.

Do you have an article or something about it we could read to understand the situation better?

1 Like

here but it in french

they just said in the news that the cleaning staff cleaned the schools but guess what ? They vandalized AGAIN the schools and in the news they showed some school (they also showed my school) now my school is more dusty and muddy than before !

1 Like