This Need To Be Said Again

Once again, new authors, please do not use cultural assets in yr story. These cultural assets are not to be used for any purposes or for anything that u think it can be used for. Cultural Assets are to be used to represent a character not to be used for anything else. Pay close attention to the clothing/accessories that u are using for yr characters.

The Cross Necklace Metal Silver

(Bear in mind, that the information below if from Google, basic research.)

A cross necklace is any necklace featuring a Christian cross or crucifix . Crosses are often worn as an indication of a commitment to the Christian faith and are received as gifts for rites such as baptism and confirmation.

If you are not religious:

Wearing a cross pendant necklace is a belief for those who believe in Christianity, but for unbelievers, it can be used as a decoration. Both are possible. The cross ornament is just an ornament, nothing to do with God, and has nothing to do with faith. It’s ok to wear a cross necklace.

53 Likes

Thank you for this :pleading_face:
Everyone is using this necklace and I’m like: “Oh, so the character’s Jewish?”
But they aren’t :((

14 Likes

Ikr, Episode really needs to hurry up and add a cultural assets tab on that writer’s portal. But anyway, I’ll keep on spreading this information If I ever come across a story with cultural assets that is being used inappropriately.

11 Likes

That’s one thing that makes me stop reading a story. I can’t believe people can disrespect other cultures like that. It’s getting disgusting. I’m sorry but it needed to be said and thank you @lanafrazer_episode for making this!!!

2 Likes

Np, I’m glad @TalGordin said this FROM THE BEGINNING. Let’s keep on spreading the memo!!! :100:

4 Likes

I’ve see white people with male bands

1 Like

This is very informative, I had no clue about the necklace!
So I will go through the Outfits of my story to see if I used them on a non Jewish charachter :blush:

I don’t think I did tho🤔
I don’t really use accessories
But this was very well said and I’ll go check :blush:

6 Likes

Damn I didn’t know that.
I have to remove it on some of my outfits.
Honestly, they need to add some sort of disclaimer or tab so people use it correctly.
I guess people didn’t know the backstory and use it an accessory. This was very helpful. Thank you!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Thank you so much @lanafrazer_episode for sharing my story on the forums! And thank you to everyone who supports this and are willing to go over their outfits to make sure they didn’t use the necklace by accident. I don’t get why Episode couldn’t add the word Jewish to the Star of David necklace name but it’s a Jewish symbol and should only be used for Jewish characters :heart: :heart:

6 Likes

I actually never heard of that (but I’m not Christian so don’t count on what I’m saying because I could very possibly be wrong) but several people DMed me following my story saying that they’re Christian and hate to see the cross necklace used on non-religious characters.

2 Likes

Just wanted to note that I’m not the only one who said that, @BarS said that quite a few times as well :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Misuse of our symbols is a big deal for Jewish people :heart:

3 Likes

same here, but I got it off Google, and I am a Christian, I don’t wear it often, but I think i have seen some people in my country wear it, some do and some don’t. We DO have decoration of the cross necklaces, like gold cross necklaces.

2 Likes

what about the mala beads?

3 Likes

All cultural assets.

3 Likes

I’ve already told an author that she is using a cultural asset in her story that needs to be removed.

2 Likes

i mean, what characters can and can not wear mala beads?

1 Like

Plus, I am already seeing characters, wearing new updates cultural asset for a fantasy story, i think.

Thanks for the heads up! Gonna go through my outfits and see if I’ve used it

2 Likes

We really need to stop seeing cultural assets being used for purposes such as decoration and fantasy stories. You know what? I think we need to ask Episode to put a small sign on the corner of cultural items’ frames in the art catalog to indicate that it’s a cultural asset, and if you point your mouse over that sign it will say something like “This is a cultural asset which should be used for cultural representation only”. Hold on I’ll photoshop an example of what I mean.

4 Likes

Mala beads represents a lot, depending on it’s color, so I am doing some research about them currently at the moment.

2 Likes