This Need To Be Said Again

i mean, what characters can and can not wear mala beads?

1 Like

Plus, I am already seeing characters, wearing new updates cultural asset for a fantasy story, i think.

Thanks for the heads up! Gonna go through my outfits and see if I’ve used it

2 Likes

We really need to stop seeing cultural assets being used for purposes such as decoration and fantasy stories. You know what? I think we need to ask Episode to put a small sign on the corner of cultural items’ frames in the art catalog to indicate that it’s a cultural asset, and if you point your mouse over that sign it will say something like “This is a cultural asset which should be used for cultural representation only”. Hold on I’ll photoshop an example of what I mean.

4 Likes

Mala beads represents a lot, depending on it’s color, so I am doing some research about them currently at the moment.

2 Likes

Need some more support on this.

2 Likes

mobile users are quaking :clown_face:

2 Likes

LMAOOO oops :rofl:

2 Likes

I think individual Christians may not like to see the cross worn by non-religious characters but it doesn’t hold the same cultural context at all. More often, I think people would wear this and not consider themselves “Christian” by practice, but still believe in God and other spiritual aspects informed by Christian influence. That seems to describe a lot of people in places like the U.S. So while a character may not go to Sunday services at church regularly or conform to Christian prayer practices, if they’re wearing a cross they likely still believe in the spiritual principles of Christianity.

But either way - it comes down to individual people and obviously isn’t on the same level as misappropriating the Star of David necklace or other cultural assets belonging to groups with long histories of marginalization that continue to this day.

4 Likes

That’s a good idea, but I think putting a symbol directly on the item is better. After all, you can always say you didn’t search through the tabs and found the item in the “all items” thingy.

1 Like

Agree!

it okay lol

1 Like

I BEG YOU, PLEASE DO NOT USE THESE CULTURAL CLOTHING FOR ANYTHING LIKE FANTASY, ETC, UNLESS U ARE REPRESENTING A CHARACTER, AND YOUR STORY IS DIVERSE.

THE LIST GOES ON!!!

7 Likes

i love those korean assets! they remind me of my asian side lol.

1 Like

Something like this! This just can’t be ignored.

13 Likes

Yeah!!! :raised_hands:t4: :raised_hands:t4: :raised_hands:t4: :raised_hands:t4: :raised_hands:t4: :raised_hands:t4: :raised_hands:t4: :raised_hands:t4: :raised_hands:t4:

2 Likes

yess queen

1 Like

Opened a thread for this!

2 Likes

I dont see the problem with it, but again I am not regligios so that might be why.

I dont think that would solve it, only thing there would stop people from using it wrong would be to not have it at all.

I have tried been told I couldn’t use the hijab as a hood, it was on a man, since when do men use hijab