This Need To Be Said Again

I BEG YOU, PLEASE DO NOT USE THESE CULTURAL CLOTHING FOR ANYTHING LIKE FANTASY, ETC, UNLESS U ARE REPRESENTING A CHARACTER, AND YOUR STORY IS DIVERSE.

THE LIST GOES ON!!!

7 Likes

i love those korean assets! they remind me of my asian side lol.

1 Like

Something like this! This just can’t be ignored.

13 Likes

Yeah!!! :raised_hands:t4: :raised_hands:t4: :raised_hands:t4: :raised_hands:t4: :raised_hands:t4: :raised_hands:t4: :raised_hands:t4: :raised_hands:t4: :raised_hands:t4:

2 Likes

yess queen

1 Like

Opened a thread for this!

2 Likes

I dont see the problem with it, but again I am not regligios so that might be why.

I dont think that would solve it, only thing there would stop people from using it wrong would be to not have it at all.

I have tried been told I couldn’t use the hijab as a hood, it was on a man, since when do men use hijab

Well, most people who use such things didn’t even know they were cultural items. And I’m personally not Muslim, but if you were told that you did something wrong, it’s best to believe people and correct your mistake. What seems normal to you could seem offensive to others, so it’s important to be attentive to other people’s opinions and feelings.

4 Likes

I know I am not regligios and properly dont get it. I just think people are to sensitive, because its not really a thing there matter, we have very limited clothing objects to use in the portal, jewlery is very much lagging.

I’m an atheist myself, but it’s a matter of culture and proper use of things. You think there aren’t a lot of items on the portal? There is even less representation of cultures and religions in stories. A person’s culture and religion is a part of who they are, this is why it hurts to see someone dismissing your culture by using your heritage’s symbols and clothes for something else. We all want to feel respected, and it feels disrespectful when someone takes an important thing that represents a part of you and ignores its true meaning.

4 Likes

It’s kinda like if you write something that’s really important to you on a sheet of paper and someone sees the paper and instead of reading what you wrote on it they just flip it to the other side and write something else. It’s offensive, people get hurt and they’re right to do so.

2 Likes

evrything is offensive to someone

2 Likes

That’s why it’s important to be reasonable and be attentive to what people tell you. That’s why research is important. If someone decided to be offended over a ridiculous thing, that’s their issue. but when it comes to things such as cultural appropriation, it’s very important to listen. Because in most cases, you really are being offensive.

if featured stories can use those on princes so can I and nothing will stop me

1 Like

how come its always people who aren’t in the culture who complain about cultural appropriation of said culture,

1 Like

Well, first of all, are you comparing your work to Episode officials? Too bad.
Secondly, if you see that they’re using this for a prince’s attire and the prince isn’t Asian (please correct me if I’m wrong and this isn’t Asian clothing), please let the community know. You’re not doing this to compete with Episode, cultural appropriation should be an act of respect to your readers. If you don’t respect your Asian readers enough, this has nothing to do with Episode. It has everything to do with you.

5 Likes

I’m a Jewish Atheist. And even if I weren’t, I complain because I know it matters to others and I have respect for them. I know this is wrong. I don’t have to be LGBT in order to point out homophobia, do I?

6 Likes

It’s not about what you can or cannot do. Yes, no one can stop you. It’s about recognizing that decisions we all choose to make impact other people and communities. You can choose not to care about if your impact harms others, but others will choose to continue pointing out why it’s harmful and offering criticism around it.

At the end of the day, it takes zero effort to just not use culturally diverse assets outside of their intended purpose. In fact, it takes more effort to go out of your way to use them just because you think other people are :air_quotes: too sensitive :air_quotes:

I would also advise against trying to emulate Episode featured stories, since they are notoriously low quality lol.

13 Likes

Well said!