This Need To Be Said Again

I’m not saying this about the necklace- that is very clearly a necklace of a different culture that of course I’m not going to use, but I’m talking about the things in Episode that aren’t that and that may belong to many cultures- like the scarf. I’d NEVER use something that was clearly labeled or clearly looked like it was from a different culture. (Like the necklace).

That’s so disrespectful and just because someone uses it wrong doesn’t mean you should too-

11 Likes

Exactly, @Stargazer54 please do NOT use that headscarf for medieval stories.

5 Likes

Refer back to that for any confusion.

1 Like

Thank you! And if u need a hood or sum cRAP that badly then be creative and make or draw one urself and use it as an overlay.

2 Likes

It isn’t labeled as something to be used for a certain culture though. I wouldn’t just be using for medieval stories- I’d be using it for modest characters, which those types of headscarves are usually used for.
And people of medieval times usually followed a certain religion that made modesty necessary so

I really keep having to do this.

1 Like

And how do you know? Did you research this or are you spitting bull?

Would it be different if I said I was using it for a christian character? Which a lot of people during the medieval times were? What about a modest character? I just don’t understand why those characters wouldn’t be able to use the scarf.

1 Like

Come on, it’s getting annoying.

I mean the title of the scarf on Episode- you can go onto the art catalogue yourself and see, it’s only really labeled “headscarf” which can be used for multiple cultures.

1 Like

But you said you’d use the scarf.

I’m only talking about the scarf…

1 Like

And

Well I’ll add my two cents cause why not. I’m a Protestant which for those who don’t know is a sect of Christianity. My denomination doesn’t wear crucifixes because we believe that the ressurection (Jesus coming back from the dead on Easter) means that he’s no longer on the cross and that our religous symbols should reflect that. We DO wear empty crosses as a reminder of what we believed happened. It’s very common in my community for parents to give their children gold cross necklaces. I recieved one. My dad has one that he used to wear everyday, almost like a wedding ring. That being said, from my western Christian perspective (which I admit is limited), it would be very strange FOR ME if I saw a non-Christian person wearing a cross. All of my atheist friends actually shy away from those symbols because they know what it means. Of course everyone can choose how seriously they wanna take it. I remember some years ago it became trendy to have cross patterns on clothes. My mother didn’t even want me to buy a sweater that had cross print on it because she believed it was disrespectful. My family isn’t fundamentalist and I bought it anyway :woman_shrugging: :woman_shrugging:.

5 Likes

I AM NOT ACCUSING YOU OF ANYTHING! How many times do I need to quote this line?!

You said you’d use the scarf tho- which is exactly what I’m trying to argue for, I’m not talking about the Star of David.

I’m a protestant (pentecostalism) as well.

I know you aren’t lol, I’m just arguing as to why we should be able to use the scarf for specific purposes.

Maybe this is me not understanding, but if a certain group of people wear headscarves- should I not have that same group of people wear headscarves in my story?

@Stargazer54, just use the scarf, said and done. I don’t want this thread to get close. @RoselleThornheart move right along. Others say what they have to say, sigh. :man_facepalming:t3:

1 Like