This needs to be said - The community has become toxic

You can?

1 Like

I can’t call it out because it goes against the forum and pocket gems guidelines. It goes under, sharing private/public conversations for the public to see. It’s really messed up. I’ve reported a few accounts before and all I ever got was just block them…

1 Like

Telling someone to not cyber-bully is against guidelines?

1 Like

Maybe we can restrict what topics people are allowed to discuss. Politics shouldn’t be allowed as it fuels hate. I dunno…

1 Like

It might be different on certain devices but yes you can report the account

If you see something in the forums you can write a polite post just explaining what they are doing is wrong (Polite so that they can’t say that now you are bullying them). Sometimes that can be enough to make somebody realise that they have made a mistake.

That reports it to Instagram not episode. I’ve used that report feature many times with no success…

That would be the most sensible approach but unfortunately, some people don’t know how to do that and prefer to fuel bull hence why I suggested that maybe people shouldn’t be allowed to discuss general things until they learn how to do it in a mature and civil manner. Nowadays people are quick to “cancel” authors even when they haven’t done anything wrong. Then they use that as an opportunity to twist things and fabricate stories. See where I’m coming from?

1 Like

Well of they’re doing the bullying on Instagram Episode and not using the episode forums they can’t really do anything about it

2 Likes

I don’t get what bullying people on instagram has to do with the general section on these forums

13 Likes

So you suggested removing the general chat section because people are quick to cancel people. The biggest place where people cancel people is Episode related, so by that logic, we should remove the whole entire forums? That just doesn’t make sense to me.

3 Likes

I think that’s the best way to go.

@nick maybe keep the general chat but bam discussions on controversial topics.

That’s not what I said. I’ll PM you as I feel this may go off topic

what

smh literally anything could be controversial, maybe we should be learning how to debate people properly instead of taking it all away

Like literally climate change is controversial.

9 Likes

I also want to make sure we’re talking about actual bullying, and not the calling out of detrimental stories. A lot of people mistake accountability with oppression. You wanting to take away the general section is going to prevent people from speaking out against toxic, homophobic, sexist, misogynist, harmful stories and tropes.

14 Likes

I understand but people will always hate, removing the general chat isnt gonna fix anything :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I get what you mean but if you look through the general chat section it’s actually hard to find any inappropriate topics. It is mostly positive things like people asking for friends on instagram, authors from the same country as them, polls, how people’s lives are going etc. Because this is the case it is ten times easier to just report or flag these topics if we see them rather then take away an overall positive category which will no doubt lead to a lot of forum users abandoning the forums or taking a break from them.

2 Likes

Yeah actual bullying. Calling out problematic stories is ok as long as you keep it civil and try make the author understand that what they’ve done is wrong. If you discuss it on a civil manner in private, you’re more likely to reach mutual agreement. If private doesn’t work then launch a public discussion also keeping it civil

I’ll PM you x

From the Moderation Guidelines:

We really have everything already mentioned in this thread covered. It’s all a matter of the community reading the rules and adhering to them :cat_typing:

9 Likes