This Place is Too Heavily Policed

The flagging system has been devalued because they use it for anything they dislike, rather than things that are actually against the rules. For example, talking about the RP section isn’t against the rules but it gets flagged anyway!

That means that we never know what we’re going to get in trouble for.

And when you post anything in site feedback, they don’t actually listen. They tell you you’re wrong and then close the thread. What’s the point?

33 Likes

I got a comment blurred because I suggested an art style for episode :sweat_smile: idk if that was inappropriate but it said it was

12 Likes

Oops not comment blurred

A post flagged and blurred

4 Likes

I’m kinda confused if it was bad? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I got flagged once for going off-topic but topic was about stories and I submmited my story but then it changed to something else and I was confused why I was flagged :confused:

4 Likes

I don’t think it was bad

3 Likes

Was it on the Limelight Wish List Thread? Because if you suggest something that’s not already created then you can get flagged bcs there’s another section for those stuff

1 Like

No it wasn’t

1 Like

Yes I feel like nowadays people are flagging anything they don’t like. For example on the LL wish list thread, me and 2 others were talking about wanting a hair update and we were still requesting for items we already have, I don’t see why they would flag it?!

3 Likes

I read one of the threads on how there’s a trust system

1 Like

The mods are flagging too :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Yes! 100% Agree!

1 Like

In most discourse forums there’s a trust system where you can earn up to trust level 3 and then get promoted to 4 by mods and admins! We don’t have one of those here though. Trust levels only go up to 2 unless you were one of the people specifically chosen to test these forums early. Episode doesn’t really use this forums to the full extent that they could.

Like I saw a mod say that you can’t type in Only capital letters in any Discourse forum and that it’s just built into the system recently. That’s a lie. It’s a setting that you can turn on or off in the admin settings!

7 Likes

I saw an admin say that they got into a group PM because they were tagged in the PM. That’s also a lie unless they set the PM to tracking before. It doesn’t do it automatically. And to set it to tracking you have to go into the PM and manually do it.

Admins can very easily get into your messages. Like, they can click on your profile and click “messages”. It’s just about the admin’s morals if they violate your privacy or not

10 Likes

True

Wow omg thank you for this

1 Like

In a recent incident, the mods flagged two of my posts that did even count as bad plus not off topic even. It did not even make sense for them to get flagged.

3 Likes

I completely agree.

2 Likes

I remember once my drawing on the share you art thread got flagged claiming I was “advertising” something because it had a Facebook add. It’s IbisPaint X and I always had adds.

4 Likes

Wtf that’s so petty.

2 Likes