-This topic is closed-

Closed—

10 Likes

For me it took a whole year to get 13 chapters and 20.5 k reads so you really need to have patience :grimacing::sweat_smile:
But if there come more chapters people will read it more

8 Likes

It depends, on the title, desc, cover, etc. I don’t think you should worry though. It can take a while, it can’t. You just gotta wait. Try to promote your story the best you can. I’m sure people will read ur story by then :slight_smile:

7 Likes

If your story’s good, you’ll DEFINITELY get noticed sooner or later! For a new author, I’d really recommend doing R4Rs, G4Gs (if you can), requesting shoutouts and reviews from episode groups, and getting an Instagram for episode, too, if you’re comfortable with that!
With that, you could also get readers to recommend your story for shelves like Hidden Gems, etc.

Good luck :white_heart:

7 Likes

Yes I think my story is good, theres lots of good directing and grammar etc. The only thing that worries me is because it’s different and an action/sci-fi genre so it’s not the usual popular cliche story most people read so it may have less reads

6 Likes

It can be nerve wracking when your publishing your first story and you don’t know what to expect :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

getting attention is relly hard. and you have to work for it yourself. episode is very unhelpfull to new authors

I am not meaning people arent nice, the app is just not build in a way there gives new authors a chance

beside people are picky, I have seing amazing stories there got no where. usally because the author did nothing to promote. thye maybe spend a week promoting and then only got 50 reads so they gave up.

its hard way, and long from easy.

I am sorry I am very discouraing but unfortently this is the reality of the app.

I recomand you do r4r. gem4gem share4share. use instagram.

also an advice there should be obvious but many dont do it, when advatasing your story give the details, many just leave a link, and that is not selling your story

you need to give the titel, cover. and description too. you are the one who has to sell the story to readers.

just asking people to read your story wont do it.

2 Likes

I understand, and I know reads won’t just happen overnight and success takes time and patience. I have promoted my story here and what you said I have gone in detail and included the cover, description, title etc. I think it’s natural for new authors to feel nervous when it’s their first story and not getting reads but I won’t give up yet even if it takes months :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The hardest thing is not to give up. Yeah reads won’t come really fast… it takes a hell lot of time…and I mean it.
You can open a instagram account and post Sneek peaks of your story or anything that might interest someone who plays episode.
Another way is giving you story for reviews. I would say it helps as you recieve constructive criticism and if you’re story really stands out to the reviewer then you might get a hidden gem badge and recognition.
For the above point, I recommend going to big groups for the review.
The last thing is doing R4R and G4G, you’ll get reads and possibly readers who like your story and will continue reading it. :cherry_blossom:

5 Likes

Do you guys think it depends on the genre as well? like if it’s something less popular like action etc and makes it less noticeable unlike romance and cliches? correct me if I’m wrong

1 Like

No. Depends what the story contains and if it interests the reader.

3 Likes

Well my story is about cyborgs, war and a human falling for one do you think that would sound interesting?

2 Likes

I think it is.

2 Likes

This is my story’s description, tell me what you all think, any catchy ideas and if it needs changing

Deadly cyborgs are out to terminate humanity and Jonah is the only one that can end it all. With the help of one exceptional humanly, cyborg who turns his life upside down.

1 Like

I would read this! Is it out yet?

2 Likes

Yes it is! It’s called Terminated

2 Likes

Good luck with your new story!

1 Like

Idk but I’ve had more than 5k reads within a month of publishing my first story. I guess it depends on the interest of readers. But don’t lose hope, be patient and keep up with the good work! :white_heart:

1 Like

Aw thank u🥰

2 Likes

well i think you may have gained at least 1 reader today! :>

2 Likes