-This topic is closed-

true and that’s really good you got 5k within a month! Any tips on how you got it noticed that fast? :relaxed:

2 Likes

Cool! I will give you the link🥰

1 Like

Thank you! :sparkling_heart: If you have instagram, try to promote it in all ways, even promote it on forums! Tbh, Idk how but my story is werewolf fantasy, so maybe it caught readers eyes :eyes:

2 Likes

That’s cool! yeah mine is action and about cyborgs so it’s unusual and different but hopefully it will catch some eyes soon😊

1 Like

Promoting it on Instagram updates constantly
My story is in the adventure genre it tooks time getting reads also do r4r g4g and honestly it depends on the readers interested when I first started it took awhile for me to even get to 1k reads bc the story itself has very different :sweat_smile: i had 20ks reads awhile I was featured now I’m 58k it honestly depends on the readers interested I had got it reviewed many times so it’s very important to take criticism constructive

4 Likes

That’s a lot like the Terminator lol, I’m going to for sure check it out :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That’s because it’s inspired by the film with some of my ideas🤫 I love those films

1 Like

hahah I figured! Lovee that :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah I thought it’d be interesting and fun to write about that. Something different :relaxed:

2 Likes

Ooh, you’re even using the same name? Don’t you think you should at least change that?

1 Like

Yea, it does!

1 Like

I wasn’t sure wether to change the name or keep it original like the film.

1 Like

You’re basically using someone elses character

1 Like

It sounds interesting I’ll check it out.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what it’s based on

1 Like

Thank you :relaxed:

2 Likes

You welcome

1 Like

If it was an actual real person or character I wouldn’t of used the name :slight_smile: it just felt right and original to

1 Like

@Kirsten18 i don’t know how long does a story take be noticed since i still working on my story and more for it and not only 7 of each different tittle and as for cover , and more . story i doing it alots but i taking my time and making sure the story is in right spot and more. and the chapter take time because one my story is 50 chapter as for the others 6 story of different tittle i still working on so it alots to do

2 Likes
Why I am reminding you of the rules (:

If you use the same characters/titles/plot points as the original film/book etc…then you can get in trouble for copyright.

The Guidelines are linked here = Content Guidelines - Google Docs

The one you are technically violating =

The snip image above basically says, unless you have spoken to the production team and original creator of the movie…you are infringing copyright since the characters you are using were not made by you. Readers look for originality therefore when they see characters named after movie/book characters whether those people are real or fictional, they can report your story to Episode for violating the copyright rules of the app. Episode can get into a lot of trouble if someone’s story breeches copyright hence why they are strict with our content guidelines (:

Hope this clears up the rules surrounding publishing stories. It doesn’t matter whether the story is published or not, as soon as someone reports the story for copyright, Episode will look into investigating it. If they find it includes any characters that are found in the movie original then they are able to remove your story from the app due to copyright infringement. They may just send you a warning and get you to change everything that’s copyright but I’m sure you don’t want to risk losing your story. I’ve seen one author who lost their story and they just assumed ‘Oh well, I can just republish it since I still have my portal’ but in some case they delete your portal for that story. Meaning that you would have to completely rewrite the chapters, create the characters/outfits, re-upload any backgrounds/overlays etc…If they delete your portal you may lose all will to rewrite it or even remain on the Episode app (:

2 Likes