💭 HOW TO: Spot direct Speech Bubble

Bump :heart: Spot directing bubbles is a PAIN but pretty much all other directing stuff is fun :joy:

2 Likes

Like it

1 Like

bump

how do you know where exactly on the screen the speech bubble will be?

please can someone tell me which number to change to get the speechbubble to underneath the “ok” in grey?

Hi… how do you make the speech bubble move along with the character when walking from one zone to another?

@Izzy222

The first number (the X) is the speechbubble moving left-right. in your case X = 134

The second number (Y) is the speechbubble moving up-down. in your case Y = 280

You can change the X value to make it go more to the right and change the Y value to make it go more down.

Also, when you’re on the directing helper, you’d go on bubble helper where you can control the speechbubble’s placement.

This is one of the options you’ll find in bubble helper (Move controls X and Y)

@Caffeinated.episode A speechbubble will move from one zone to another without having to use a speechbubble command.

Ex.

&pan to zone 3 in 3

NARR
Bla bla bla…
Bla bla bla…
Bla bla bla…

As the camera slides from zone 1 to 3 in 3 seconds, the narrator bubble moves along with it.

So example,

&pan to zone 3 in 3
&BRANDI walks to spot 1.280 160 0 in zone 3 in 3 AND BRANDI does it while walk_talk_neutral_loop THEN BRANDI is talk_shrug_neutral

BRANDI
I love fluffy animals a lot.

BRANDI
Especially bunnies.

BRANDI
They’re so cute.

1 Like

This will help me so much :slight_smile: Thank you

No problem :coffee:

Bump!

1 Like

Bump! :wave:t2:

I always wondered how to make a speech bubble change its position and then when I saw your example I was like seriously it was that easy. But thank you

I agree with you, a NARRATOR/NARR bubble having a tail doesn’t make sense as no character is speaking but you can use cycle tail to move the name around on a NARR bubble. Really should be called cycle name though :joy: :yay:

Bump!

Bump <3

Hello,
I was wondering if you ever got to figure that out because that is what also happened to me and I’m still struggling with it.