Thoughts on my story idea?

Hello:wave:, I’m new here and I thought about writing a story by myself for the first time and I decided that I want to know people’s opinions first before I start writing. So basically I want to write a comedy about a 15-year old girl that transferred to her best friend’s school. Because of a typo in her birth date she gets into 1st grade instead of being in the 11th with her friend. My idea was to write some short stories about events that will happen while the girl is in 1st grade. (Something like school trips, birthday parties, …) There will probably be love interests but they won’t be the main focus. I also wanted to give each of the kids a unique or somehow weird personality which the girl will have to deal with eventually. I haven’t thought about much details yet but would anyone want to read such a story?:thinking: (Please be honest!)

7 Likes

I would have read it! :joy:

1 Like

Sounds fun to me :two_hearts:

1 Like

Yes lmao

1 Like

This is so cute and wholesome. Please write it. The app needs more stories like this

2 Likes

You: how much do you like this idea?

Me: … YES

1 Like

Thanks for the nice replies guys! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I guess I know what I’ll be doing when my summer break finally starts :smiley:
Do you think that I should add a few weird teachers too? :thinking:

1 Like

Yes that would be hilarious! :joy::joy:

1 Like

But I think that there should be at least 1 normal teacher that is tired of everyone else in that school :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah to balance it out

1 Like

Or should the girl and her bestie be the only normal people? :thinking:

1 Like

Maybe add 1 or 2 more normal people so the readers don’t go crazy :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

This would be hillarious, but it doesn’t seem very realistic to me. Maybe the character look very young and gets put into sixth grade or something? I dont know any first graders who are built like 11th graders :joy:

2 Likes

I know that it’s not very realistic, but the main idea was that no one ever saw her before in that school so noone knew that she is 15 already. She gets put into 1st grade because she accidentally tapped a 1 instead of a 0 on her application form (2014 instead of 2004) and didn’t check again. The school needs time to change her data so she has to stay in 1st grade for at least half a year.

1 Like

Ohh, okay, I see. In my school, you’re 16-17 when you’re in 11th grade.

1 Like

You’re right, she should be 16. :woman_facepalming: I tend to forget that I’m always one year younger than everyone in my grade :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Finally, a comedy that’s actually a comedy! How many chapters do you think you will make it?

1 Like

I don’t know yet. :thinking:
Maybe 30 or something. I don’t want it to be too long or too short :woman_shrugging: :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.