Thoughts/opinions on vampire stories?

Hey! So I’ve wanted to write a vampire story for the longest, but I wanted to get an overview of what the community likes and doesn’t like before doing so. If you guys could take a minute to give your thoughts on the following questions, it’d be greatly appreciated :two_hearts:. Thank you!

Mini questionnaire
  1. Do you enjoy reading fantasy (more specifically vampire) books? Explain why you do/don’t.
  2. What are some good fantasy stories centered around vampires that you’ve read here on Episode?
  3. What is a plot (pertaining to this thread, of course; not too specific, just general) you’d like to see become a story?

Xo, Ciara

4 Likes

My personal opinion is that there a whole lot of vampire stories on Episode so personally they’re not my favorite stories because a lot of them have the same Twilight concept that I think has been well overdone. With that being said, there’s always new ideas to be explored so as long as you put your own twist or original idea into a vampire story, I say go for it :blush:

1 Like
  1. Do you enjoy reading fantasy (more specifically vampire) books? Explain why you do/don’t.
    Answer : I’m not into fantasy-related books or stories, but that’s mostly because I’m more interested in the mystery genre. I’m a huge Sherlock Holmes fan, it’s more of the type of story I’m interested in. However, I’m not against fantasy stories, I do read them when I’m bored.

2. What are some good fantasy stories centered around vampires that you’ve read here on Episode?
    Answer : Blood Bond (it was on the shelf, I think). I can’t seem to recall any other ones. I think there was an episode official story related to vampires? Sorry, I don’t remember what it was, I read it loooong back :sweat_smile:

3. What is a plot (pertaining to this thread, of course; not too specific, just general) you’d like to see become a story?
    Answer : There are only few types I can think of. One is where the MC is a vampire and the LI is human. The other is where the MC is a human and the LI is a vampire. And then where they’re both vampires. I’ve already seen the second and third, so I’m leaning toward the first, where the MC is a vampire and LI is human. It would be fun to see how that goes.

All the best for your story!

:eyes:

1. Do you enjoy reading fantasy (more specifically vampire) books? Explain why you do/don’t. Love them, there fun & also anything could happen because there’s a lot of imagination in supernatural things. Also the vampire diaries is my fav show lol
  2. What are some good fantasy stories centered around vampires that you’ve read here on Episode? The clumsy supergirl, tasting temptation, the greatest hero, bloodbond, blue blood, bloody kiss, pure blood.
  3. What is a plot (pertaining to this thread, of course; not too specific, just general) you’d like to see become a story? Love vampire stories with either a women li choice or multiple gender li. Including any supernatural such as witches etc.

I hope this helped! :two_hearts:

I do enjoy reading about vampire and supernatural stories a lot because I AM OBSESSED

Some of the good according to me are
1.DEATH OF ME by cpc
2.EAT ME UP by heli

3.If you ask me I would particularly like stories in which both the MC and LI are vampires and they use all the advantages of Vampirism such as great hearing, immortality etc

Not really because most vampire stories have been basically Twilight, and they usually rely on the same overused bad boy “stay away from me cause I’m dangerous, but actually continue to be in love with me” trope. :roll_eyes:

The only one I have read is Fangs and Paws by Blue Paws and I really like it.

I guess I’m looking for something different, like instead of vampires being sexy hot bad boys, they would instead be portrayed am more monstrous like in 30 Days of Night, I Am Legend, or even like Daybreakers

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.