Thread hopping thoughts?

Guys, there’s a serious problem…
How do you feel about thread hopping and how do you think the situation should be handled?
Because I know alot of talented ladies and gentlemen who spend hours upon hours working on something
Only for someone to request something in another thread
And sometimes the hard work put into their art isn’t used?

Sorry if this sounds rude but it’s not exactly fair…

WHAT IS THREAD HOPPING?

Thread hopping is when a person gives a request in a certain forum, but also asks other people to do the exact same thing

19 Likes

I totally agree
It’s not fair for the artists…:slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

and that is why I have rules in my forum, that art shall be used, and stories have to be either published or almost ready to be.

because I dont find it alright people spend time on art for you and then dont use it

5 Likes

I’m not too bothered about it right now because I have loads of spare time and the piece can always be added to my examples. However, it is very annoying, rude and sometimes selfish because not only are they wasting the artists time but they are being disrespectful to the ones who made the piece they don’t use :confused: Some may disagree with me, but I know that artists who take three hours to complete something would back me up completely :grin:

3 Likes

Totally agree :pensive:

1 Like

That’s very true :pensive:

Especially if the artist is doing it for free. Then art should be used and credited the way first intended. If not you’d just be waisting someone’s time

5 Likes

I feel like some people don’t care and just want to make sure at least 1 person does it but they skip past the rules. It’s very disrespectful to do this. We take time out of ours lives to be nice and make something for someone who doesn’t appreciate it or care.

4 Likes

That’s true I hope people see this post and realize they have to be patient with artist/editors it takes a long time to do stuff sometimes and even if not they still put in effort

3 Likes

Thread hopping is like comparing art sometimes
Or sometimes no patience
:pensive:

3 Likes

I’ve talked to people and asked why they thread hop. A few of them just go through art shops trying to hurry up and get a reply but don’t read the rules for real.

2 Likes

That’s so wrong :pensive:
I’m sorry nae you work to hard for that…
Every person that does a certain thread that gives someone something works hard, and it’s un fair

1 Like

It’s sad you literally have to go through someone’s profile to see. I’m honestly glad that I’ve been waiting to start requests, it’s saved me from wasting my time. I need to go back to sleep but I’ll be back :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Night!

1 Like

It’s awful… I spend hours on art for FREE and some people don’t even end up using it or jump to another thread. Like if you don’t like the art I make, TELL ME, you won’t hurt my feelings. If you decide not to use it, TELL ME, so I don’t find out you thread jumped. TONS of artists go through people ditching their art and it’s just terrible, especially since people usually do it to compare art or have no patience to wait for our art. It’s disrespectful and rude, it hits our mentality HARD. This needs to be dealt with, that’s one big toxic issue about this community. But, I’m so thankful for those who don’t do this, they make me want to continue doing what I love. They truly appreciate my art and use it, whether if it’s one of my better ones or not.

4 Likes

I think that may be why some artistes have a price for their artwork

2 Likes

In the past couple of days I’ve seen four people do this :woman_facepalming:t4:

3 Likes

That is AWFUL :angry: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Also, is it just art, or can it happen with edits, detail sheets, etc.?

3 Likes

Yup, it’s happened with a lot of my edits

3 Likes