Thread hopping thoughts?

Honestly you can sometimes tell if you see the persons profile picture as the most recent reply on a bunch of Art shops. If they also come off as rude they tend to also ask more than one person because they’re impatient.

2 Likes

It happens with overlays, backgrounds, etc.

2 Likes

Exactly! When I ran an Art Shop by myself that happened all the time… it’s so annoying and really rude

2 Likes

I’m taking no chances with my next shop. I’m doing checks on people unless I know from experience they don’t thread hop.

2 Likes

I hate that we have to do that, that we have to be cautious with our art. It’s just really sad

2 Likes

Moved to Site Feedback since this is about the forum. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

Ngl I kinda wanna see if anyone wants me to do checks for their art shop where I make sure that the person requesting hasn’t already made the same request before which was accepted - idk why but I like doing that and I’ll be helping someone :grin:

If anyone wants me to do this… then you know where to find me :wink:

3 Likes

The answer, why this is happening, is quite simple.
Who ever requested, didn’t look at anything else but at the words “free” or “that’s amazing”. They didn’t take a second to check artist’s style, artworks… When they get what they requested, they see that’s not what they wanted. They don’t like it!
I think that if they’d say to the artist: “Sorry, I don’t like this, I won’t use it!” - that would hurt artist more than ignoring and asking somewhere else for the same.

Many people here offer free covers, art scenes… But they’re still beginners and not yet the artist to call themselves that. And of course everyone wants to get better than just a good thing.

So, don’t ask yourself why, don’t say that’s rude and don’t despair. Try to improve your art, because it that’s the only thing you can do! :heart:

1 Like

That was very respectfully said :blush:
But I’m sorry to disagree with some parts
But I appreciate you placing your opinion here :heart:
Hope this didn’t sound rude!

1 Like

The thing is, most of the time thread hopping happens right after that person has made their request, or right before. What I’ve seen isn’t people seeing the art and saying they don’t want it, but requesting the same thing from multiple art shops at a time.

2 Likes

That’s what kids do. Trying to be nice to everyone and compliment. When jumping around through threads like that and ordering here and there, that’s their way of complimenting :smiley:

I feel like a lot times when people thread hops it’s because they don’t like what they received back or because that artist/editors is taking their time. I think both of those reasons are a shitty thing to do. Personally, I’m not a fan of thread hoping. I’ve experienced it on threads of mine, and I had no problem with calling them out :laughing:

2 Likes

Not all kids do that, you know.

4 Likes

Gah, I hate this. It’s happened to me a couple of times, and it’s really disheartening. You spend a LOT of time on something, only for it to get chucked in a waste bin. It’s also a super big problem, and the worst thing is, not everyone understands that it’s a awful thing to do.

Closed by OP request. :slight_smile: