Time Writing Chapters

I’m starting my own story and I’ve spent… like a whole week and a half on just the first chapter and creating the right outfits and characters.

So I was wondering, how long does it take you guys to write a chapter??

2 Likes

It really depends on who’s writing it.

The first three chapters are also the start of the story, it is where you create everything. So it might take a little while before it is one hundred percent ready to publish

1 Like

Took me around 3 months to write and publish my first 3 chapters, between school and other life stuffs. Thing is, I used advanced directing, so a lot of work (like overlays) needed to be done.

Honestly, take your time and polish your work.

4 Likes

A week and a half is totally fine. I’ve spent a month and a half on episode 14 of my story. Some episodes are quicker to type up than others. It is what it is

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m just learning too, using advanced directing and what not. so it’s partly me trying to perfect the storyline while learning the ropes

2 Likes

Oh that’s handy!

Advanced directing really takes along time. So don’t worry about the time too much :blush:

This is the reason why it took you a week and half, you are starting from nothing. If you published first 3 episodes and was working on episode four, it would take you less.

Writing a new story takes at least 2 weeks for even the fastest writer, a new episode can be written in even 2 days.

2 Likes

Yeah, when I first started writing, I kind of wrote senselessly and like didn’t put my all and it took me like a day or two. Now that I’ve thought out a plot line, it’s taking me foreverrr to get it all correctly.

2 Likes

same as me!

1 Like

Around 2 weeks. I was writing first chapter for like 5 weeks.
I write dialogues, then start building scenes, plus making overlays/background/art scene. Then re-read it, correct and like countless times… Most probably change some scene, or add a new one, basically until I am happy with the episode :slight_smile: And I am not a new writer, I just tend to make everything perfect.

1 Like

and it is always perfect…

1 Like

Well I guess for me it depends. Usually, without a set plot in my head, it takes me around 1 week to write my first chapter, because I am making up the dialogue as I go along. With a set plot, I can write in around 5 days, two of those being weekends because I have school. It really does depend on how much free time I have. So yeah.

1 Like

so you write dialogue first, then set the stage??

mostly. Dialogues are just the result of the overall episode concept. I know what is gonna happen in the episode, the dialogues comes, then visual scenes.

1 Like

I rough draft for 2-3 days, then add, edit, etc for like a month. Perfectionism be like that sometimes :sweat_smile: I like longer stories and working on more than one chapter at a time so it takes months. I could probably implement a better system but welp.🤷

It took me 2 months to write the first 3 chapters. Now I write 3 chapters a month.

I’ve literally been working on my chapter one for like 2 months LMAO. Because I keep re-doing it, its so frustrating.

2 Likes

Same😅

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.