Timed test choice

I want to have like a little quiz to see if the reader was paying attention but it’s timed. The scene is a girl and her siblings are learning a duplication spell and the spell consist of focus, concentration and clearing your mind and the reader is supposed to remember in what order the character said it but I don’t know how to do a timed choice with a quiz involved

Hey, I can help, here’s how to do a timed choice: https://www.dara-amarie.com/timed-choices (Keep in mind that for a timed choice, the last option is automatically picked if the timer runs out.)

You can also add text effects to “clearing your mind” and “focus concentration” when you mention them so the reader can take note : Reader Messages / Text Effects Guide Updates

Here’s an example of maybe what you might want using two options for each choice that’s timed for 5 seconds (p.s I created a character called SPELL, you can also add a points system for quizzes, can read more here:https://www.dara-amarie.com/points-system), also you can read about labels here:Tara explains: Ifs, elses, gains, labels, gotos and the points system!. In addition, for this example, if they get it wrong, they will have to re-start the quiz. If you don’t want that, let me know ^^

Here I go:

NARR
First she and her siblings did a focus concentration spell and then they did a clearing your mind spell.

#bla bla bla, script goes here

label first_spell

@SPELL =0

NARR
What was the first duplication spell they did?

choice [timed:5]
“Focus concentration” {

NARR
Correct!

SPELL +1

}“Clearing your mind”{

}

NARR
What was the second duplication spell they did?

choice [timed:5]
“Clearing your mind” {

NARR
Correct!

SPELL +1

}“Focus concentration”{

}

NARR
Calculating results…

if (SPELL > 1) {

NARR
You scored 2/2, you passed this quiz! Congrats!

} elif (SPELL = 1) {

NARR
You only got one right so you will have to start the quiz again!

goto first_spell

} else {

NARR
You got both incorrect, so you’ll have to start the quiz all over again!

goto first_spell
}

#continue story here

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.