TIP: Rotating Overlays <(^.^)>

Lol glad to hear it, no problem.

Happy writing! :sunflower:

Hey, can you please help me rotate hand with arm at the same time? :sweat_smile:
Here’s the code
&overlay MICHELLE RIGHT ARM rotates -220 anchor point 0.5 1 in 2 AND overlay MICHELLE RIGHT ARM shifts to 150 205 in zone 1 AND overlay MICHELLE RIGHT GRAB rotates -50 anchor point 0.5 1 in 2 AND overlay MICHELLE RIGHT GRAB shifts to 130 237 in zone 1 in 2

Here’s how it looks like :woozy_face:

It’s ok if you can’t

1 Like

Hello,

Sure I can try, but I wouldn’t be able to by just seeing that code, I would also need the overlays you’re using and also part of your script such as the part where you have the overlays set into scene so I can see where they are starting from. If you rather pm it to me let me know. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Bookmarking this! Thank you so much!

1 Like

I’ll pm them to you :hugs:

1 Like

Bump it up :blob_hearts: :yay: :clapping:

1 Like

Bump :llama:

"Sometimes you just have to die a little inside in order to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you."

Hi, I know I’m like a year late but, I need some help on rotating my overlay. I want it to rotate in a full circle, what would the coding look like?

I assume you want it rorate around the cente ( if not there will be necessary another anchor point)

@overlay NAME rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 1

2 Likes

I tried @overlay NAME rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 1 already, it doesn’t work it takes it off-screen. But I do have @overlay TWG rotates 360 anchor point 0 0 in 1

Of course, that’s not what I’m looking for either but it places the overlay back to its original position. I want it to stay in its position while rotating in a 360% circle like a spinning wheel, also, sorry for the really late/early in the morning reply. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

you must spot the overlay AFTER you change the anchor point.

Anchor point has 2 functions … it is the centre of the rotation but it is also spot “on overlay” that is related to the coordinates for shifting ( which is a point on screen)… therefore it looks like it moved

So preview it with the rotation command and shift it to right position and REPLACE in your script the old shift command with the new one.

Then it should be on one spot.

2 Likes

Could you maybe show me what the command would look like, I’m having a hard time understanding. Sorry! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@overlay NAME shifts to # #

you most likely have such command there…

you just need to change the numbers after you will shift the overlay in preview window to the new position AFTER you have changed the anchor point

2 Likes

if its not clear read in the first post the anchor point explanation.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your help, it’s working now! :grin:

2 Likes