Tip: Upside Down Code 🎃

What You Need To Understand:
  1. Spot Directing
  2. 💭 HOW TO: Spot direct Speech Bubble
  3. HOW TO: Stage Direction
  4. Zooms
  5. BONUS = HOW TO: Use Easing Functions (you can use this to make your zooms and pans for more cool)
  6. Another bonus = HOW TO: Move Characters / Overlays to the Layers
  7. Episode’s guide on Spot Directing: https://episodesupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004132093-Advanced-Directing-Spot-Placement-Overview & zooms:https://episodesupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004158534-Advanced-Directing-Zoom-Overview

The Code:

INT. FASHION GALA - NIGHT

&zoom reset

&cut to zone 2

&speechbubble is 165 190 to 100%

&JEM spot -1.550 176 1357 in zone 2 at layer 1 AND JEM faces right AND JEM is idle

NARR (JEM)
Hanging out at a gala like a vampire.

Notes:

Yes, the scale (first number) is indeed negative. I talk more about what the three numbers mean here when I helped someone in addition to the link I provided above. Click HERE :wilted_flower:

What the code above translates into, visually:

Feel free to use this code or use the directing helper, and then from there, the spot helper to drag your character around (toggle between scale and Move) and feel free to change the direction of the character or add more people that are hanging upside down like vampires ^^

Thank you for checking this out :vampire: :v:

34 Likes

ouu, pretty cool :relaxed: maybe i’ll use this at some point

2 Likes

Omg this is so cool :rofl::two_hearts:

2 Likes

“A badass” :joy: or for the sake of being punny “a batass”

love this tho :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

There is a visual if someone doesn’t get it.

2 Likes

Yep, thank you for linking. There are videos on directing stuff out there which people can search for on YouTube, there are threads on it and there are the episode guides. Choose which way you wanna learn and go for it. Nice to have it available on other platforms like YouTube for visual and audio learners ^^ All of these resources are helpful, :sunglasses: Episode EllyYT and Joseph Evans as well as MdSava and Dara Amarie even have videos that people can check out, good luck to everyone and if you have more questions, you can ask here: JemU776's Help Thread or PM me ^^

2 Likes

Yep, hanging like a vamp ready to scare the crap out of someone. XDDDDD

1 Like

I agree, plus your super helpful for using your time to make these amazing guides. :heart: :heart:

1 Like

Thank your for your kind, magical words :blush: :kissing_heart: :sparkles: :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

No problem, :kiss: :heart:

2 Likes

woah, thanks for the tip, needed for my vampires

1 Like

No problem :vampire:

1 Like

Bump :blob_turtle: :blob_sun: :blob_hearts:

1 Like

Bump :upside_down_face: :joy: :crazy_face:

This is fangtastic, using.

1 Like