Tips and Ideas?

some just end it with

INT. BLACK - NIGHT
NARRATOR
To be continued…

or if youre like me who is using other peoples template or backgrounds or had art scenes or splashes done…i would put a similar code but just say thank you an give credit to the ppl whos template/background/and who made me splashes i used

oh, okay. and then I just press new episode? btw, do you have a series? I would like to see, or you don’t have to say anything

1 Like

So for me this is how i am ending mine…

…and no i do not im currently still in the process of writing mine

2 Likes

When I have the custom character for the reader, do I just reference them as [NAME] for the rest of code?

Yes in brackets if you let them change the characters name

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Np

1 Like

Would anyone know if you let a reader change their name, you would still say @[NAME] For example,

@[NAME] enter from left to screen center

@NAME

You only need the square brackets during dialogue.

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since this involves coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

Thank you!

I have just figured out how to make the custom name! Finally! And now I have to figure out dialogue! So, my character is in their bedroom and this is the command.

[NAME] (talk_sit_crossarm_neutral)
I think I should go to sleep…

Would I have to change it to [FIRSTNAME]?

This depends on what you named the input.

input What’s Your First Name?|What’s Your First Name?|Done(NAME)

Then use [NAME].

input What’s Your First Name?|What’s Your First Name?|Done(FIRSTNAME)

Then use [FIRSTNAME].

Okay, but when I try to do dialogue, it just says that character isn’t real or something

Can you show a screenshot of you script and the previewer?

If it says “Auto Bot”, that’s because inputs don’t work on the previewer, but they will work in the app.

You don’t use it for the script name, only dialogue.

NAME (talk_sit_crossarms_neutral)
I should go to sleep…

oh, okay. Let me try it

When I do @NAME enters from right to screen center it says the character NAME does not exist. And the NAME for dialogue is red.

Your characters display name is NAME, right?