Tips on Choices That Matter?

Does anyone have any tips on making choices that matter? I know how to code one, and I know you shouldn’t make random choices matter (like what your fav soda is lol.) But I’m still not exactly sure what to do. I know I’m not very specific but I’m trying… any help?

In my opinion choices that matter should be based on the plot. For example, in a horror story, important choices could decide who dies, in a fantasy story about magic the choice could determine wether or not the mc learns a certain spell, which she may or may not use in further chapters.

If I knew more about your story and it’s plot, maybe I could help more.

My story is a forbidden romance, does that help?

Oh okay, so maybe one of the choices could be if the mc or li decide to tell a certain person about their forbidden romance.

1 Like

Or you could add a choice, where the reader could choose where they want to meet the li. Depending on the place there can be different outcomes.

1 Like

basicly choices that matter make feeling for reader that their choice had influence on the story.

So it can open different scenes and hve impact even in later chapters

Example - you have choice to react in certain situation calm or rude.
If reader choice rude in next chapter he well not get clue from thet character (in mystery story) or will not be asked for date in romantic story --------simply you write in a way that it creates a bit different story.

Or you can have puzzles and minigames - like if reader has vto find numerical code to open door or to find something in certain time.

You can use points which reader can gain and based on the points you can have alternative scenes or even story ending - like if you have 2 love interests the points will decide with whoom will reader end up.

But you can also make the “feeling” that the choices matter while they just alernate one scene but have no real impact on the story - if you do it clever reader will still have feeling he is influencing the story moch more than he realy does. This is what I do - :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks (:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.