Tips on creating a story?

I’m creating a story and I would like to know some of the things that readers enjoy in public stories? What are some of the things that make YOU want to continue reading a story? I would love to hear some tips and feedback!

5 Likes

Well for one thing, have good grammer. If the story doesn’t have good grammar, people most likely will click away from your story.

6 Likes

Try not to have too much cliche; when a story has the same elements as many other stories, it can get pretty boring. Keep the reader interested with a cliffhanger or surprise at the end of each episode.

Also remember to keep episodes around 10-15 minutes long. I’ve looked at polls and this seems to be the average length of episodes; it’s not too long and not too short. Avoid making the first episode just have cc and nothing else. This annoys some readers.

Good luck!

4 Likes

worst thing ever is of cause bad writing… if the story is too rush, boring, confuzing, characters are flat or behave ilogical… that will turn everybody away so… do the opposite.:rofl:

3 Likes

Moved to Share Feedback since this is more about story ideas than coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

Here is a list of things that help me write and I hope they will also help you! :slight_smile:

• Listen to music that might help get some ideas flowing and try listening to music that will match your genre (Ex. Romance Genre in your story then listen to romance songs!)
    P.S I have a few songs I listen to, if you want I could send you the list of songs if your doing the same genre as me which is Romance and Drama, I wouldn’t mind LOL.

• Write down your story first on a document or a notebook. You don’t need to write down an entire script like when you actually write it in the Episode Writing Portal but just do the dialoge and maybe the place or the action they make, pretty much write a book in your notebook or document then put it into “Episode Style” and script it.

• ADVICE/FEEDBACK/REVIEWS! This is a very important one! Please listen up!
    Lets say that you re-read over your book really fast and you think that it looks good and you are ready to start the next chapter or publish, DONT! Get a friend you trust, a sister or someone you just think may give you HONEST and good advice (You could even send the script to me or your fellow Episodion’s) and they may be able to spot out mistakes or spots that may need improvement. REMEMBER to not take their advice too harshly, everyone is a critic but don’t get upset over it unless they mention your mistake rudely.

• Don’t write too short or too long stories, people want to use their passes with use and not for a 5-10 minute chapter. Also don’t make your story too long or else the reader may get bored and not interested anymore.
    I personally set a stopwatch on my phone and time how long my chapter is. If it is 30 minutes or 25 minutes then it is way to long, I would say to make it between 15 to 20 but everyone has different chapter lengths.

I hope this helps, if you need more advice about writing, just PM me and I will be glad to help, also if you would like that playlist, let me know :wink:

Best regards,
Brii Springs

7 Likes

P.S I just realized I wrote an entire essay on writing an Episode story on here, LOL.

4 Likes

I just started doing this. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

LOL yeah its a really good technique…

4 Likes

Thank you! This helped so much! A playlist would be super helpful :grin:

3 Likes

Focus on creating living and 3D characters as they play a great role in a story. Your plot doesn’t have to be so unique because you’re most likely to encounter a plot hole that you can’t figure out how to solve. You just need to add your own elements in it, but don’t copy from others! Just get ideas.

Syntax, efficient usage of punctuation, right capitalizations are also important! I suggest finding a proofreader who is willing to point out all the errors in dialogues and narrations.

3 Likes

I’m glad that was helpful for you :smiley:
Here’s the playlist that I use, majority of them are love songs to help a romance but some songs like “Famous” are just about drama:

• Two Punks in Love
  • If we have each other (My favourite)
  • Worst of you
  • Fake Friends
  • Famous
  • Sorry for writing all these songs…
  • Older
  • Be Alright (Has some swearing)
  • A little more
  • Comethru
  • Must have been the wind
  • Better off
  • You are the reason
  • With you
  • Tell me that you love me
  • You were good to me

Let me know if you need anything else and ill be glad to help!

3 Likes

make sure to plan out your story on notes and have a clear view of where you want your story to go, because then the story just becomes confusing to those reading it as its all over the place.

1 Like

ALEC BENJAMIN FOREVER! :star_struck: :sob: :purple_heart: :blue_heart: :black_heart: :hugs:

CALUM SCOTT! :heart_eyes:

Jeremy Zucker! :grin:

2 Likes

YES GIRL! YOU KNOW IT! :rofl: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I LOVE YOU! :sob:

2 Likes

GIRL SAMEEEE I’M LISTENING TO THE PLAYLIST RN! :weary:

2 Likes

IKR :laughing: I was LITERALLY listening to Alec when I saw this, and I’m like FINALLY someone who knows me! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

LMAOOOO YASSSS! Finally… :sob:

2 Likes

I would say music and sound, since it really heightens the effect of the story. Other than that i think custom poses and art scenes do great as well.

2 Likes