Tips on improving story?

Is there any tips on things to do to improve your episode story?
I’m a fairly new author and would like to know ways to improve my episode story ‘Shards Of Erendale’.

All help is appreciated thanks!

Also follow me on insta I wanna make more episode friends!
@Victoriastoriesxo
Will also do R4R if anyone wants to :smile:

1 Like

I’d recommend checking out threads on the forums where people discuss things that they like in stories as well as threads that discuss what people don’t like in stories/what makes them leave. (:

Examples:
Q&A For Writers

How to keep readers hooked when they read a story?

What Sort Of Stories Do U Like Reading? (:

A Question for Authors/Readers :warning:

3 Likes

thank you so much!

1 Like

If you want any coding/directing tips, I have a post linked in my profile!

Edit: I stopped being lazy lol

2 Likes

Hey, I do have a few and I hope you find it useful :innocent:
1- Never compare yourself to big authors. I have seen many people who have started writing recently compare themselves to big authors and it helps in nothing but demotivating. Patience is the key and you’ll surely get there if you’re focused.
2- To have a story that has a negligible amount of grammatical errors. Readers like to read a story that has good grammar so that helps a lot tbh.
3- Having a good cover. Personally, I don’t really judge by a books cover but a lot of people do so try to have an eye-catching cover.
4- Try to have an interesting plot. Try to keep the reader interested for the next chapter.
5- Advanced directing. I really love stories with advance directing and I am sure I am not alone so it’s really important, you can pm me if you have any coding problems.
Also, lmk if you’re still up for a R4R.

2 Likes

thank you so much for the tips! I really appreciate it! And I would love to R4R! Could you send your story link? My one is linked in this post and in my bio xx :relaxed:

1 Like

Here are my details-
Name- Fake love
Author name- Sophia
Description- Getting a job…sounds fun, right? Finding new friends and probably a lover, but what if, your new steamy boss holds something more for you? (CC,LL,Art Scenes)
Genre- Romance, Comedy.
Sounds/music- Yes
Customization- Yes
Cover-

Link- http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4914368602636288

1 Like

I totally agree with @Sophia.Epi :point_right: but I also will include… Even when you published your story, don’t forget to promote!! Readers don’t come in one day… Have patience (but don’t wait a year :clown_face: ). There will always readers which likes your story and always a few readers which don’t like it. I still promote my stories on instagram and on this forum. And of course don’t be rude to readers and if readers are rude to you (scr*w them :wink:) ignore them. Don’t give up after a few negative reader comments, because it’s your story… not theirs. :clap:

2 Likes

Closed since Directing Help and Tips is not the correct category for story feedback or R4Rs. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley: