Tips on outlining and coloring?

Brace your eyes, lovelies, because I’m about to show you some scream worthy material!

Still here? Don’t tell me I didn’t warn you!

Sorry

Alas, you’ve seen it… Care to offer any tips you have for outlining? Or the coloring part; I’m struggling with shading and basically all other parts!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

I recommend Ibis paint X, And turn down the opacity of the layer with the image on it… And have a spare layer with the original character in a corner so you can make a colour pallet.

2 Likes

Hi! Your outline looks great! Using different line weights on the outline usually looks pretty good. Just make the lines a little thicker wherever you want it to stand out. It’s normally good to keep the stabilizer on at all times. As for coloring, I recommend thinking of a color scheme to use and generally sticking to it, then filling in the flat base colors. Pick a light source and shade whatever protrudes or is closest to the light and stick to your light source. Make sure the outline is on its own layer and add the colors underneath. I recommend having a large canvas, such as 2000x2000 so it’s clear and easy to add details. For shadows, you can use a multiply layer and shade on that. For highlights, you can use an add layer. Learning layer functions and when they’re useful has helped me a ton. Don’t be afraid to use quite a few layers and experiment with new things. Keep practicing and fixing things and you’ll have something you love in no time! Good luck! You’re amazing and I can’t wait to see what you come up with.

3 Likes

Ooh thank you!

Oh my gosh! This is so helpful! Thank you so much :blush:

1 Like

Aw thank you! No problem! If you ever want some more tips, feel free to PM me or check out my art tips and tricks thread! :blush:

https://forums.episodeinteractive.com/t/artisticwaffles-art-tips-and-tricks/300674

2 Likes

Will do ! :blob_turtle:

1 Like