Tips on writing a story

Hey y’all :heart:
In thinking about writing a story that comes under action, adventure, fantasy, mystery theme.

But I’ve never written a story before. Any tips for writing that kind of story? Or just a story in general

5 Likes

hey do u mean like coding tips or story planning tips

planning

consistency i work on my story everyday even if it’s just 100 lines
plan the main events and plot so you don’t get writers block
developer the characters and there back story so they seem more realistic and relatable

3 Likes

Hi @madison_artdesign
For my advice for a Beginner Author you should used

1.Exposition: Characters and setting
2.Conflict: the problem
3.Rising Action: Any details that happen before the climax
4.Climax: major change ( The story is never the same)
5.Falling action: Any details that happen after the climax
6.Resolution: How the story ends

Here is a link for starter Author

but if your writing any Genres i would subject, you can put a twist in action or mystery . But if you are using mystery then you have to used clue , timer choice or anything that you have plan for your mystery story and if it is a action then put something that match action but it has to be your idea only that you have made up with your own creative .

Here is link for Mystery to plan out story @madison_artdesign
8 Mystery Books for Amateur Sleuths and Classroom Gumshoes of All Ages.

As you build your story think about what you would like to used in story . So you can start to plan out the story plot without no problem .

For Any tips on writing a story
1.Have a book or paper first.
2.Then , Start to plan out the story in who, what, when, where, why (and also how )
3.Next , start to put the plot together.
4.Give a activities that the characters will do in story that they will enjoy in doing.
5.Make sure that story is telling about main character .
6. Think about what happen in story were the character will go in which location place they will stay in story and where character will take place next.
7. Tell a story in your own personality
8. See how the story goes
9. Figure out about Genres what the story will have in plot . So it can fix well in story .
10.If you having problem planning a story . Then i would subject get coder or someone that can helps you out .
11. Make sure check your episode app to see how the story play out . so you can know what next you should used in story

I would subject to watch the link for Beginner Author

But if you trying to code in story and more @madison_artdesign

Step 1 - Type in YouTube
Here is link

Step 2 - Then on top of search tap on it
Step 3 - Type in episode tutorial
Step 4 - you will see all code and stuff that can help you for Beginner Author
Step 5 - Then watch video and see were you would like to start in story
Step 6 - Then try to find background and overlay so you can code in plot for character
Step 7 - Make sure you know what name you wanted for your story cover . So it will tell something about story. As it will give eye catching for readers to read .
Step 8 - Plan out your Description for story Because it will help you get viewer . So the readers can be interesting to read .

1 Like

Hey Emma.Jane.episode,

@Kande10 has definitely some useful advices. But everyone plans in their own way. → I take notes, before I start a story: I write down the titles of every episode and I write out the characters (who are they, the age.) And after that I write down, who I need to credit for backgrounds or overlays.

For the rest:

• Never compare yourself with big authors… → Even big authors started with 0 reads.;
  • Don’t stop promoting… Even if you reach the 1k reads, you still need to promote your story. :wink: When you stop promoting after those 1k reads… Your views will stuck at 1k reads. Duh :roll_eyes: :wink:;
  • Don’t hesitate to ask for help at other authors… They had to start somewhere, too. ;
  • Promote at instagram (Facebook) AND/OR on this forum (so you reach more readers);
  • And don’t forget to take breaks. If you have a writer block, don’t forget your story, but take a break and think about something else for a while. But don’t force yourself to write.;
  • Don’t expect you get readers immediately after you published (sounds ridiculous, but there are (starting) authors who think that if you publish magically those readers will appear out of nowhere…);
  • When the first hate mail comes in :point_right: don’t get demotivated. And don’t give up to write. You are here to write, because you like to write, not because that one negative person doesn’t like your story. You are here because you want to publish YOUR story. :wink: ;
  • Do R4R on this forum or ask for feedback from other authors…;
  • Directing advice → Don’t use exit left or right or enters left or right. It changes the size of the characters. So, children will become bigger if they exit or shrink when they enter.;
  • Please, no black screens for narration → use other backgrounds and characters with animations during narration;
  • Check your grammar… Before you publish, just check one more time for grammar and spelling;
  • If you use your own character (authors character) :point_right: don’t use it half of the story-time or a whole episode;
  • Don’t use one whole episode for CC… (If you have CC in your story);
  • You also can use: Joseph Evans’s YouTube clips for directing tips, Dara Amarie’s website (https://www.dara-amarie.com) for templates and also help from other authors at this forum;
  • Enjoy to write and don’t hesitate to ask me for more help by PM at this forum or DM on instagram (if you have instagram → @angelwings_1983 ).

Love A-W

2 Likes

Here are some previous topic that would be helpful~

1. Writing Tips for your story. TW

2. Bella’s Writing Tips and Advice (Do’s and Don’ts)

3. Tips For Beginner Writers

4. Tips and tricks on how to improve your Character(s) And Story

5. Can't Write? Here's Why!~Tips from Dr Sasha

Also another topic I saw which might be helpful-

. Helpful youtube chanels for episode writers! .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.