Tips to get more readers?

Hi everyone! I just recently published my sew story about a week ago called, Unpredicted. I was wondering if anyone had any tips to get more readers? I’ve tried everything from r4rs, creating an insta, having a good cover, and other things but nothing is really working. I just don’t kbow how all of these authors how have 100k-1mil readers got there story out to people!! If anyone had any good tips to help get underrated stories noticed that would help me and a bunch of other new writers!!! Thanks!

5 Likes

We’re sorta in the same boat. :sweat_smile: The only thing I can really recommend is promoting any chance you get. (There are tons of promoting threads on here with underrated stories) I hope this helps!

2 Likes

My best piece of advice is to be active in the community. Majority of my readers I am in that 100k - 1mil range you mentioned :see_no_evil: came from being active in the forums and participating in discussions, Making friends is also a great way to get your story out there because people you befriend feel obligated to read it :wink: Kidding! But making friends with people who do read your story does help you because they will recommend your story to their friends or shelves or they will nominate it for contests.

4 Likes

honestly, you just have to wait. There is this instagram account which promotes stories called @therealonesepisode and they help promote your stories so you can always try that out, but otherwise just wait.

2 Likes

me in so many ways. ok bye- :skull:

jk.

I think if you use proper grammar, periods and etc that will also help your story! Also, making some situations to grab readers attention :two_hearts:. For the Instagram account, you can post some pictures of your story, but also do other things too! You can get a lot of followers with hashtags, and just making the account episode related but also include other things as well besides episode! Making friends too! Just by being yourself, there will be one day where the topic in the conversation will be Episode Stories, where you get your chance to mention yours! You can also ask for pmoys: Please Mention Me On Your Story and Include the story as well. That will not only have them follow you, and read it, but possibly recommend it to others, and repeat!!

Just wait bb, your time will come as long as you know you tried your hardest and is satisfied with your work :heart::woozy_face:. GL :hugs:.

4 Likes

I think the one thing I would recommend is not giving up. I know, I know, I’m sorry, but I’ll explain. There is no 10-Step plan for achieving that amount of readers, because everyone’s got a different process and as with most things in life… if it was easy to get, people would stop seeing its value. You could ask most authors in the range you mentioned and everyone got there in their own unique way. Some did by updating their story daily, some did by promoting like crazy. Others got a boost from a friend and others just kept going until they got featured. Some got their big break days after publishing their first story and some worked on the app for two years before seeing those numbers. You don’t know when it’ll be your turn, but I’ve seen people go from a couple hundred reads to thousands in a matter of weeks, so the best you can do is be persistent and keep doing what you love. Sometimes, having a hundred committed readers is better than having a thousand people just tapping through your chapters, it’s a matter of perspective and there are LOTS of variables. Enjoy the journey, and every read you get. Because you’ll jump from having a read a day to ten, to fifty, to a hundred, and you’ll want to remember how you started <3.

Main thing is don’t be discouraged if you don’t get the reads you want in the first couple of weeks. If you keep going, you’ll get there :).

7 Likes

facts :raised_hands:

2 Likes

My advise would be do what @amberose said.
Make friends do shout out on insta for peoples stories that stand out to you. Most of the time karma has a way of coming back to you.
Also perhaps making a advert?
Put it on your threads. And if you get shoutouts put them on there too
Keep doing R4R’s as well.
Make sure you do something in your story that’s different. Pull out all them stops.
Tappable choices etc.
If you have nothing else to do see if theres any authors that need help like what @amberose said be active within the community :kissing_heart:
What’s your insta? I’ll add you x

2 Likes

Do r4r, get friends and be active on Instagram :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My insta is ally.k.episode !! :blush:

1 Like

So there was two results one of them I’m following (not sure if that was you)
And the other I wasnt so I added you :slight_smile: x

This one is me! Idk if you added this one or not because i didnt get a notification 20190801_193343

1 Like

Haha I’m already following you x

Lmao, I’ll follow you back :joy:

1 Like