Tips, tricks and discussions: How to make your art better

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6448526549416566386f357777673d3d2d3338323231343335372e313461396165313539346239626562303530343930363331323731332e676966

yes, jughead. mood.
photoshop, ibis paint, and picsart tutorials.

stole the title from a cookie,
creds to @fcukforcookies for the title.

where a graphic designer shares everything she knows with you.

tutorials
-they will be for mobile and PS(photoshop) editors :wink:.
-the apps I use are PS, picsart, and ibis paint X.

resources
-most of the resources here were made by me so please credit unless stated.
-if stated that it shouldn’t be redistributed, please don’t redistribute.

disclaimer
please note, I am a hobbyist still learning digital art and the point of this thread is so that we can improve together, so hopefully, you will learn something from this

5 Likes

tumblr_oq3h6cWQgq1qhbeyao1_500
001 - fonts
Fonts are a very crucial part of editing or let’s say graphic design since it makes the cover more vibrant and attractive. So, here is a list of a couple of fonts which I use.

more fonts will be added weekly.

How to download fonts?
On Computer

1. Go to dafont.com
  2. Search for the font that you want.
  3. Click "download."

On mobile:

1. Go to dafont.com
  2. Search for the font that you want.
  3. Click "download."
  4. Open the font file and click Open with Phonto.
  5. Click where it says download
    And that’s it!

Fonts
lemon milk
Screenshot (154)

dolce vita
Screenshot (156)

chasing embers
Screenshot (152)

scrivimi
Screenshot (150)

2 Likes

Hi thanks for making this but do you do drawn if yes can you help me

sure, I will make a tutorial.
Message me for exact details.

So you see
I’m having a hard time making pretty much the whole thing especially the eyes and hair (limelight) it just really stressed me out

can pm you because your profile is hidden apparently :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

ment can’t

yep, doing it now :wink:

1 Like

:hugs:

1 Like

EducatedKnobbyAcaciarat-size_restricted
So, before starting the images below and text sadly are not mine. I just have no time but I promise this will be updated. In the meanwhile creds to @aestheticm
Welcome to the first episode of Exploring Ibis Paint.
It’s features, techniques and all of the above.

-PART 1-
For anyone who has difficulty in understanding the various tools in Ibis Paint X.
Also, this is going to cover mostly the basic uses of Ibis so this is for total beginners.

1. Gallery Page

So, when you click + button, right at the bottom left corner you have the choice of importing the picture you want to edit or choosing a custom size for you

2. Layers Tab
    When you click on the layers tab, this little thing pops up.

Zoom In;

1. This is used if you want to add a layer

2. Pressing on this buttons, a few buttons will pop out; Duplicate layer and Add Layer from canvas. Duplicating the canvas, allows you to make a copy of the layer you want. Add layer allows you to duplicate the entire canvas, I recommend to be careful with that.

3. The camera icon is recommended if you want to add an image to the layer.

4-5. To invert the canvas horizontally and vertically.

referring to the above image

1. Blending Modes/ Screen tones; You set these blending modes or tones to a layer.
    Uploading: image.png…

2. Slider; Is to increase or decrease the opacity of a layer.

To be continued…

extra tags; @k-popcorn @avarose456 @Celia_Episode

3 Likes

Thank you! Ibis Paint X always confuses me.

1 Like

np! it’s only the first part so there will be more
dont be afraid to submit request, i’m looking for something to do these days

2 Likes

thanks for this

1 Like

me patiently waiting for PS tutorials.:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I honestly didnt think anyone would be interested in ps lol, I promise I am working on it :blush:

1 Like

I do I bought it in ilusion I will figure how it works but I kinda draw in it more like traditional way and dont know the tricks how to make it easier using all the tools …that damn program has so many functions its confuzing like hell sometimes. :smiley:

2 Likes

Ikr, it was confusing for me as well but I will help you.
Any tutorial requests?

2 Likes

What I struggle most is to make nice lines…I have no idea how to make them like when people do outlines.

And then I don’t know how to modify what I have drawn without redrawing it again…like when I see speed painting of some authors you see the other they kinda move some parts make the slimer nose or higher eyes even if they already have it filled with paint and done the shadows… but I don’t know how to do this so I manually redraw it again which is for sure not the right way. I know how to cut it and shift it - but then all the shadows have like line and I have to blend it again… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I am pretty sure it should not be done this way. :roll_eyes:

Also outside the PS if you have some trick how to draw custom poses and faces that would also help me - I can redraw photography but to create own poses ad faces … :woozy_face: :woozy_face: :woozy_face: :woozy_face:

2 Likes

So basically drawing, I was working on the exact tutorial.
Just to be clear, it’s a clear line/outline tutorial?
Anyways, I’ll be sure to post it now.

1 Like

And yes, I do. I’ll try my best.
thanks so much.

1 Like