Tips, tricks & discussions: How to make your story better

“Wage gap! Rah rah rah!” - Fucking kill me, please.

3 Likes

The new stories are very trashy, but Bad Boy Bachelor is kinda funny, so you might like it maybe. If you want to suffer, start with My First Everything :joy:

4 Likes

@fcukforcookies, you forgot It Starts With A Bra, it’s a classic!

3 Likes

:smiley: sry. I was reading it, so decided not to include these stories, I’ve read until at least half.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve bookmarked this thread! :heart::heart:

1 Like

Short post on the choices.

Choices. Thoughts and prayers. high five for dramatic title

I’m might be not the most reliable person when talking about choices in Episode.
Why? Because I’m completely fine with the story without choices.
So while I totally appreciate the author’s effort in making choices, point system etc., I am totally fine with no choices at all. So we established that.

Here’s a TOP 5 LIST of choices authors do, that I hate with all the fibers of my soul (?)

Do you think I have a soul?

• Nope. No way. Nonono. :neutral_face:
  • I really want to believe it. :pleading_face:
  • Of course, you have, Cookie. :woozy_face:

0 voters

The top is aligned with my hate level.

• Choices for secondary characters. :expressionless:
    I really don’t get why people do them. And yes, I know, sometimes we have more than one MC, and it’s totally fine. But why would you make choices for secondary characters? First of all, I don’t know them enough to care, or to understand the perks of some choices. Secondly, choices are meant to connect you more with the MC. Why would you do it for secondary characters? If we have MC/MCs, we play as him/her/them, it is legit to have power over them. Why would you give that power for secondary characters? They are supposed to act indifferently.

• Choice with no meaning. :unamused:
    It’s fine to add choices that won’t matter in a long run. You can add conversation choices (where the only difference would be dialogue line or two) to show MC’s personality, as well as other character’s personalities. But when you give me a choice on freaking food… I don’t care if you give me ten options choices on coffee/latte/tea with vodka if the only difference would be my character saying it while ordering in a cafe. Well, if u want to include it - work a bit more, change some dialogue lines at least, to show some reactions.

• Choice without a context. :angry:
    This pisses me off when putting with the point system. You introduce to me some characters, let’s say. They have an ordinary convo, and you put a choice on being rude or nice. Why do you make me pick something, with no information on characters, possible situation consequences - this is just either beyond idiotic or beyond evil. Now I don’t mean that I have to know the possible consequences on every choice, no. What I mean, is that the reader should know enough information to have some idea about possible consequences, or reasons to act according to each choice’s option.
    Very exaggerated example.
    Story starts. I see my character, maybe 16yo. Her parents argue, and I have no backstory on them or my attitude. And suddenly one of them asks - decide who do you want to live with, and this is an impactful choice. This is the choice, that won’t be driven by any of reader’s opinions, impressions etc., just a guess.

• Tricky choice. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
    For example, the author gives me a choice to go or not to go on a date. Let’s say I hate the prick and decide not to go. And… I STILL HAVE TO GO! Like what the hell dude? Why do you give me a choice to screw me over, when I pick an option u were too lazy to code? My hate is so strong for this, that I exit the story, regardless of my love for it. Cheaters don’t deserve a second chance, may it be your gf/bf or an Episode story writer.

Yeah, I kinda have only 4 things to mention, but TOP 5 sounds way cooler, than TOP 4. Top 4… how lame is that?

That’s all I could think of :smiley: Take it or leave it.

Go to the Top

15 Likes

And taking more notes.

1 Like

she’s baccccc :joy::star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like

Who. Who’s back? :joy:

bahahaha you sis :joy::crazy_face: i love these posts :joy:

1 Like

Oh, yep :DDD Excuse my dumbness :DDD I’m tired

1 Like

Omg! This had me laughing so much. :joy:

I agree with you though, especially with number 2. :triumph:
I need to know- with number 3, do you mean that if you get a choice that matters, that you would like to know? :thinking: (Yep, I’m that evil (or idiotic :woman_shrugging:t2::joy:) that I want people to choose without me telling them if it matters or not :smiling_imp::see_no_evil:) or do you mean that you get a choice that counts when you just met a character you don’t even know yet? :thinking::blush:

2 Likes

Okay. Here, I don’t mean that you should give the reader an insight on choice consequences. This is mostly about authors making seemingly important choices so early in the story, that I have no idea bout people around me, my own character, drives/ likes and dislikes and many more things, that would give me a possibility to make a thoughtful choice.
Very exaggerated example.
Story starts. I see my character, maybe 16yo. Her parents argue, and I have no backstory on them or my attitude. And suddenly one of them asks - decide who do you want to live with, and this is an impactful choice. This is the choice, that won’t be driven by any of reader’s opinions, impressions etc., just a guess.

1 Like

I get it and I agree with you. Thanks for elaborating. :blush:

• and yes, you are hilarious. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
1 Like

Thank you for providing these resources! Very helpful. I’m bookmarking this page for further use <3

:DDD will on Saturday with drinks. lots of them

Hey, that’s why I’m called SpillingDaTea!

sneaky sneaky ^^

1 Like

Bump?

1 Like

hehe :DDD I’m sorry, I am beyond busy with EVERYTHING literally. I have my story, plus one more colab story in production stage, plus reviews, plus this, plus art… I’m going nuts X_X

I didn’t even get done the review on Episode story like I promised X_X

2 Likes