To All The Episodians

So I made this thread mainly cuz I am bored :sweat_smile: and I hate when one person says a bad thing about someone’s story like the why the fuck are you reading it then? Do you know how much time and effort they take to make one episode I know cuz I have tried making one but I couldn’t cuz I don’t know how to code and definitely won’t spend my time but one day I will anyway on instagram I have seen on lot of people’s story saying mean things about authors and all and I hate that. Okay some authors come to you asking can you read my story and give an opinion. Then if you don’t want to read politely say no or actually read it and give some suggestions how to improve and all not the other way around don’t say I read when you didn’t and hated the plot stop doing that okay just stop. Some authors don’t show but when some people say these kinda of things it hurts them so damn much like it’s their time and effort man. Please I am begging you people stop doing this please :pray: stop it. If you don’t wanna read don’t, but please don’t give authors hate comments and call them names. It’s just so disgusting don’t get angry at an author for asking your opinion so please just stop doing that and just politely say no and just don’t say anything. That’s all. Thank you for reading my speech I wrote this cuz I am hungry and sleepy and I have to start fasting in a few hours.
So good night/morning/afternoon. Love you all :heart:

30 Likes

Good speech!

There is a difference between honest feedback and helpful feedback. I think that people need to keep that in mind. Especially when they get people to read their story, but the story is just not their brand, but it’s still a good story.

I don’t like romance, so I don’t go to that section when looking for an episode. However when someone asks me to read their story I’ll give it a chance, and when I review it I keep in mind that it’s not my fav genre, so I go easy on them.
But if they want my feedback on whether something is a good story or not, that’s a little different. I wouldn’t spread it in public if I thought it was horrible. I’d DM them or whatever and let them know what I think.
Keep on reading and we’ll keep on writing.
:grinning:

8 Likes

Thank you I just wrote whatever that came to my mind.
See honest or not but still they can go east on the authors like in instagram authors post story on saying what is wrong with her etc like even if someones opinion is honest can’t they be nice and stop calling authors names. If you don’t want to read it don’t just say no and don’t call them names that’s what I am trying to say. I have seen too many posts like this and I get irritated.
If you wanna give feedback back first read the story then give feedback nicely.
Then the genre I think everyone first should read the story before judging them like someone people just read the description and be like oh god not another story like this. Give them a chance you might like it or it might be different from others

Exactly I hate when people spread it like really what is their problem?
I just want people to appreciate the authors for everything they do for their story that’s all

3 Likes

For sure!
There’s a difference between bad stories and unenjoyable stories. Bad stories are offensive, completely inappropriate, horribly researched, and sometimes even done with harmful intentions. Unejoyable stories are just that–unenjoyable. It could be because I find it poorly-written, or it could just be because I have a random preference for something else. It isn’t the author’s responsibility to please me. We can all just go find something else.

7 Likes

Yeah but they can atleast tell them how to improve. Why be so rude?
I get what you are saying but still they tried their best right? Don’t be so rude.

2 Likes

Yeah if author’s get offended when readers call them out on problematic content etc that’s a them problem.

6 Likes

Sorry if I came off as rude. I definitely do appreciate the effort, and everyone starts somewhere. I don’t usually tell authors how to improve, because most of the time, it’s purely just my preference. My opinions aren’t objective, so I just go find something else that suits my preferences that have nothing to do with the story’s quality or the author’s efforts.

2 Likes

No not at all you were not rude. I get it. But there are some people you know are rude and call authors names

4 Likes

See saying there’s a mistake in your story and all the authors gets it why be rude? Why call them names? Why say opinion of something you don’t know? Why say you read when you didn’t? Why not just be nice and say I am sorry but I don’t have time or something or say something nice to them like, why are they calling names and all? All authors understand when someone says nicely to them. Why be so rude?

2 Likes

Yeah, calling them names on Instagram is just plain bullying. That needs to stop. Especially if it’s something personal and has nothing to do with their story.

2 Likes

I couldn’t have said it better myself

3 Likes

Good point.

If it’s a bad story, and you have no helpful tips to improve it then just stop reading.
There is never a good reason to pick on people, on Instagram or otherwise.

3 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is Episode-related. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

Agree.

1 Like

I live your username and pfp

2 Likes

Aww thank you☺️

1 Like

Exactly

1 Like

See atleast they tried imagine you made a story and people came to you and said it’s horrible and started calling you names won’t you feel bad? If stories are not unenjoyable there are ways you can say politely. (I am sorry if you are offended I just wanted to give example)

1 Like

I would for sure, and if the stories I read ARE unenjoyable I just stop reading, I don’t give any kind of feedback, and I would hope others would do the same. It kind of falls under the old rule from kindergarten: if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.

But all of my stories are great! (not to brag) lol :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah but people don’t they wanna give feedback also a bad one but why like can’t do it nicely.

Hehe of course I hope what I said didn’t hurt you if I did I am truly sorry

1 Like