To all the transgender people in the community

How does it feel to never see yourself in any media, let alone Episode? :sob:

14 Likes

see i aint trans but i agree with you, that is one thing i hardly see in media or episode.
you gave me an idea, im gonna go add a trans character to one of my stories!<3

4 Likes

Pleeeassee make sure to do proper research first. Not just Googling about trans people, but watching their content and immersing yourself in the lives of trans people. Trans people live very different, but very beautiful lives that are very often misrepresented because people don’t want to do the work into writing them correctly.

7 Likes

would you like to help?
i dont want to say or do the wrong thing?
like if you dont want to help at least point me in the right direction of where to look or learn about them.
and im not gonna say what i think bc sometimes it comes out the complete opposite of how i want it to be.

1 Like

i’m not trans but my thread
Lgbtqia and mental illness info/questions <3
helps with lgbtqia info and has links to other resources!

2 Likes

ok, thank you!!

2 Likes

np!

2 Likes

I really suggest uppercaseCHASE1’s Trans 101 guide. His channel is NSFW outside of that series so be warned when browsing it. Here’s a link to the series: Trans 101: Ep 1 - What is Transgender? [CC] - YouTube

Some transgender Youtubers I personally watch and recommend are: Kat Blaque, CopsHateMoe, Brennen Beckwith, Luxander, and Ashton Daniel.

Some transgender Youtubers I haven’t watched that I’ve heard good things about: Milo Stewart, ContraPoints, Ash Hardell, PhilosophyTube, and Samantha Lux,

Please don’t watch videos by Blaire White or Kalvin Garrah. Also, please don’t just watch videos that are meant to educate cisgender people, but watch videos of people talking about their experiences, their thoughts, their feelings, their perspectives, their goals, their aspirations. Not their trauma or their pain, but how they thrive and live fulfilling lives as trans people.

It’s also important to say that almost all of these (except Kat Blaque) are White transgender people, so if anyone has any good BIPOC Youtubers to add to the list, let me know.

2 Likes

thanks again it really helps.
you too hellchaser!!
im honestly all about including everyone in my stories, and ive missed on half of the LTBQ community.
where i am from we dont have many people like that, or at least that i know of. i aint too social, and yet here i am pouring my thoughts out to people i dont know.

2 Likes

Of course. Also, don’t write a trans person for the sake of it. I beg you. Write a trans person because you genuinely want to make them a fleshed out character who lives a unique life, experiences, goals and dreams that differ from a cisgender person. We want to see real people, not diversity tokens or LGBTQ+ bffs.

2 Likes

ok, i dont really have a place to fit into yet so this is helpful.
thank you again!
sorry for ranting on with my absent mind to all this stuff. again that probably came exactly how i didnt want it to say
but i still agree, i think its harder for people who havent experienced these things or are currently experiencing this first hand to include them bc we dont know how it works or doesnt work, but i try my best. i have family and friends that are gay or bi, hell i may be. lol

2 Likes

ok im just gonna shut up and take my leave.

1 Like

I’ve said this to a friend, the only story where I could really place myself in and wear clothes I actually prefer is Make Me A Geek :sneezing_face:

4 Likes

Not technically trans but I am nonbinary and hardly ever see people like me in the media. And I can honestly only think of one episode story that has a nonbinary main character.

3 Likes

Bump

1 Like

I am not trans, but it really saddens me to see so little representation of trans people… nevertheless, always remember that you are VALID and you are LOVED :yellow_heart: we see you and the world is happy to have you! Happy upcoming pride month! :prideheart: :trans_flag: :trans_flag: :trans_flag: :prideflag:

3 Likes

I love make me a geek for that reason! I can also use my pronouns in the story which I love.

2 Likes

Non-binary is trans! You can choose whether or not you claim transness but it absolutely does count as trans.

1 Like

Yeah, Sometimes I definitely identify as trans and other times I’m not sure. I’m only recently out so I’m still figuring myself out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.