To all you not english people .what is the worst english word

Can I chime in?
Although English is the only language I speak. (i’m boring :sweat_smile:
I would definitely like to say that English is a difficult language to speak😂
We have so many words that has weird spelling for whatever reason?
So the worst English word, would be for me is “Breakfast” HAHA I cant pronounce it right :woman_shrugging:t4:
I also struggled with specific. but I can say it now.

1 Like

not. that word it is so often i forget to use it when i write.

1 Like

any words with 'psy" e.g pyscholpgy. i cannot spell for the life of me

2 Likes

"Yacht"

for those of you who have no clue on this word , it’s pronounced Yot . I think it means some kind of boat which is like a ferry/ship ?

like seriously.

So you’re telling me , Oxford , that someone had the audacity to add in some random letters but say it completely differently? WHAT!?

and whenever i see the word , i always say it in my head as Yat or Yatch .

Edit: I even just checked on google to see if i spelt it correctly :joy::no_mouth:

3 Likes

Honestly same, whenever i did a roleplay or something, i ALWAYS checked if i spelt it correctly :joy:

Someone must of been high or on something strong when they decided to spell and pronounce these English words😂

1 Like

I was going to type something on agreeing with you 120% but then again… I’m just going to leave this for you instead of a paragraph :heartpulse::heart::heartpulse::joy:

1 Like

I always struggle with “eachother or each other” :joy:

1 Like

English is one of those languages where you don’t read what you write (lol that doesn’t make sense but think of German) so everything is hard for me

1 Like

Well i get that. I’m dutch so German is really hard :grinning:

Hmm… I speak Romanian and in my language most of the words are pronounced as they are written.

Words with odd spelling mostly are either unique names or originally came from a different language. Everyday English derived from Anglosaxon, while the more elaborate English derived from Latin, as in most European languages. Words starting with psy come from Ancient Greek, some like queue from French etc. So they sound strange because they sort of are. :alien::wink:

1 Like

Are you implying deeper knowledge of aliens? * random gasp *

1 Like

• moist
• phlegm/phlegmatic
• bowels
• jowls
• mayonnaise
• bulbous
• chunky
:face_vomiting:

Like von Däniken? Not really. :wink:

1 Like

Are you an alien? * other random gasp *

1 Like

Depends on the definition. Just visit my thread before we get flagged as off-topic here. :grin:

1 Like

Ok

1 Like

Duplicate closed. Refer to newest: Which english word or phrase do you hate the most?