To credit or not to credit

Hi everyone,
So I had a quick question and wanted to know your thoughts on this issue.
I currently use a free site to make covers and splashes. Aside from fonts, I also use the artwork that is provided on the site (also free). The site states that we don’t have to credit them but I was wondering if I should. I have a little bit of anxiety and I keep worrying about another author using the same artwork and making a similar design. And then I’m being accused of ripping them off…which a part of me realizes is very ridiculous. Am I just being overly anxious about things? If I do put that I made the covers and splashes using that website would that violate guidelines since it could be interpreted as advertising a third party website? Ugh, I’m so anxious about this.

1 Like

It’s not ridiculous, but if the site says you don’t have to I wouldn’t worry.

You dont have to credit art programs. I never meet anyone who has ever done that, only answaer what they used if someone asked

its kinda like how you dont credit the pen and papir you buy in a store

Thank you so much for saying that. :grinning:

It’s nothing. :grin:

Thank you! Yeah, that definitely makes sense.:grinning:

1 Like

Hi, will I ever be able to get credit again on Lowell? Highly appreciated your reply. Thanks

I’m sorry but I really don’t know what you are referring to.

@ Herberttaylor

I found it via google although lenders can view defaults on your credit file, they will not necessarily prevent you from being able to get credit altogether. They do affect your credit score, but some lenders will give less importance to them, particularly as the default gets older or is shown as settled. More info here scottishtrustdeed.co.uk

1 Like