To Everyone Who Wants to Move to Wattpad

I’ll start by stating that I’m stating my opinion in the most civilized way possible and I, by no means, trying to insult anyone. I’m just curious as to your way of thinking.

So here goes.

To everyone who said things like “This is why Wattpad is better than Episode”, “This is why I’m moving to Wattpad”, etc.
You want to leave? By all means, leave. I respect your decision and I’m sure the Episode team would be sad to lose a customer.

So why are you still here?

If you say that “Cuz I still have hope that Episode can do better.” Great. Then don’t constantly bashing Episode by comparing it to other apps (which doesn’t even share the same platform, btw. Sure there’re both story-telling platform, but one is in novel form and one is interactive game. You might prefer one over the other, but your experience will be different as they are not the same platform. I have the same problem with people comparing Episode with Choices, to be honest. Those two are both interactive games, sure. But right now, Choices isn’t offering its users the option to make their own stories, which makes a huge difference.) How would you feel if your parents constantly comparing you to the neighbor’s kid?

So I guess my point is, if you want to move, move. I, myself, am frustrated with the way the Episode team is being lately, trust me. But if you’re going to stay, then please consider what I say. I’m not forcing you to stop comparing, I can’t tell you what to do. All I’m asking is consider it.

Thank you.

14 Likes

bitmoji-20181220074917

3 Likes

I’m sorry? I’m afraid I don’t understand whether or not you agree with me…:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I agree

2 Likes

Ohhhh. Thank you. :blush:

3 Likes

Okay, so let me go on what’s wrong with this–

• You don’t influence people’s decisions and how they should feel or do, especially since how toxic the Episode community has been and how others have been treated lately, including to being silenced and flagged for defending themselves. It happens and that’s why people are leaving. Their personal feelings. You can’t speak for that or persuade on how we should think otherwise. You most likely didn’t experience it so you wouldn’t understand.

• This:

Um, you realize those games are in for the same position? Simulation apps, story apps. We can compare. So that’s debunked. Plus, no one is bashing and even if they do, look at what Episode has falsely promised to us a lot and have barely and rarely given to us. It’s now they want to listen even though we have been asking for so many years.

Do you know how many customers they have? They could care less, so don’t start with the “be considerate to how they feel.” They care about money, that’s it. Losing one out of millions of customers won’t do anything. And there’s not a large amount of us leaving so still debunked! They will still profit even if so. Plus, so what if we think Wattpad is better? Their community is definitely less toxic than this one. Again, you don’t influence how others feel or should feel. It’s their opinion. Unless they were offending and hurting someone, you can correct them. They, along with me, weren’t.

• I know you said you aren’t “forcing” but the way you are trying to make these useless points won’t change the fact of how it has effected us. People have bad experience with this, with all the offensive, racist, homophobic, Islamophobic people in this community, they are fed up. What I feel you are trying to do is to stay otherwise. Or you just didn’t know about it. if you didn’t, then you should have looked into it more instead of assuming, which I feel that’s what you did for most of it. I just feel you should’ve look way further into it and asked us personally why. You did not do so. You just thought and misheard.

• Consider it or not, I’m pretty sure most have made their choice. Your points lower to their reasons. This community might not make them feel accepted with all these people saying such discriminatory things and getting away with it (honestly since one of them liked your comment that has done so). including being flagged for defending, silenced for speaking up, and banned from doing so too.

In the end, think about it more and inquire on the situation of why. Don’t assume those are the only reasons. Thanks for making the thread though and listening to this. :v:t4:

7 Likes

How long did it take you to write that,that is such a long paragraph.? bitmoji-20181221091001

2 Likes

lol :joy:

2 Likes

Love your Bitmoji! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you hun.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your side. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome! :grin::kissing_heart:

Though I do want to point out that I’m not making anyone who has problems with Episode to change their mind or to stop voicing their voice. I’m talking specifically about the fact that some people say things like “this is better than this” etc. :slight_smile: You can make suggestions and critisism without comparing Episode to other apps.

2 Likes

They can. It’s not an issue. But I see. :kissing:

1 Like

Lmao I thought wattpad was just either social media or an Art app :thinking::thinking:

GUESS I WAS WRONG SKSKSK-

2 Likes

Wattpad is a platform where you can write your own story in novel (word-only) form, like writing in your diary or notebook. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

oh hell naw - nothing is better than episode in my opinion sksksk

#WE STAN EPISODE!

5 Likes

:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

That’s why I said they have different platforms (or maybe I pick the wrong word to describe it.) Episode interactive platform can make your story into almost like a movie (mainly focus more on show, don’t tell.) Where at Wattpad is more narrative focus. Both are great platforms. but maybe if you’re good at one thing, you make not necessary be good at the other.

2 Likes

I think it’s pretty natural to compare similar products. I don’t really think there’s anything wrong with that.
At the moment Episode has a huge advantage over the other apps as it offers a few things the others don’t- a writer’s portal and the most advanced art/animation style (the majority of the other apps use a spotlight-like style and have very limited “customisation” options). But I think when people compare the apps, they’re really focusing on featured stories. With the user stories, Episode offers something for almost anyone. Take that away and what do you have? Mostly “romance” stories about bra-stealers, making sex bets and hot bad boys.

7 Likes