To the artists out there

If you were an artist and one of your published pieces or edits had an error - I mean something big, not like just a shadow - would you get mad or anything if someone told you that the thing you posted is wrong? Obviously that would happen privately

I’m afraid that if I tell people this they’ll get mad :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

did they ask for crituique?

2 Likes

No, just something they posted

2 Likes

so if they dont want opinions on the art its best not to give any.

3 Likes

Really? I wouldn’t give an opinion though, just make them notice that something’s wrong…

I mean, I would like to know…

2 Likes

for me if I drew something, no because I’m a perfectionist and any small error makes me very irritated

5 Likes

maybe they do know, or its suppouse to be like that

2 Likes

Well the thing I see most are wrong hands, and I don’t think that they wanted to make a right hand on a left arm :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

same. if its something I worked hard on I hate to be told by others about my mistake. I can see them myself you are always your own biggest criticier,

2 Likes

yup! I don’t mind if someone told me there was an error, mainly because it doesn’t bother me, which may bother other people. But yes, I always notice errors that many people don’t whenever I draw!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind honestly =)
Think it depends on how you say it :thinking:

1 Like

If they don’t ask I wouldn’t recommend it.
If you do so decide to do this its best to do it privately and still be respectful of the piece. Artists work hard on their work so they would still like to be complimented and respected on something they create.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.