To those who make character cards, how do you do it?

I wanna make my own, but Idk where to start. How do you guys choose the aesthetic, the font type, and all that jazz when making character cards? And what app or photo editor do you use? Is it possible to make character cards using a free photo editing app on the phone?

3 Likes

personally, I use ibis paint x. its completely free on mobile too.
i recommend finding your background first, then adding the character and based on the colours, combos, etc, choose your aesthetic and your font!

1 Like

i edit the image first (add the character on a background) using medibang paint :> its free and def doable on phone.

as for the aesthetic and stuff, i use canva!! love using cursive texts there :DD

edit: here’s a list of character cards I have done in the past :> (haven’t been doing any since I stopped editing but I may come back to it)

Character Cards

3 Likes

This is a difficult question, but a good question.

I wouldn’t even know where to start. All I know is… whilst I was working on making my own character card, my mind was telling me it has to be pretty. And anything that didn’t look pretty had to be changed.
It was a case of trying certain things and changing it up as appropriate. [If that makes sense.]

My Character Card

The guy serves no purpose to be there, I just wanted to add him. :joy::rofl: He’s just one of the LI’s from one of my stories.

^ Tap on the image once opened, because the forums decreased the quality… and only shows it in high quality when tapped.

1 Like

Gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Aww, thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Ahh look at Theo being his gorgeous self :hot_face: :drooling_face: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Ahh, yes… baby Theo! :heart_eyes: Also, hey :wave:t3: I don’t know you by your forums username… but I’m guessing I might from Instagram?! Unless you don’t have insta.
Either way, I love that you know Theo and thank you for reading my story! :pleading_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I do, I follow you from my personal insta. I only recently decided to try to learn to write and fancied a little pen name, so I used that for my name here :slightly_smiling_face: you are welcome, you create amazing stories :blush:

1 Like

Aww, thank you so much. You’re so sweet! :pleading_face::heart:

And good luck with your story. If you ever need help with coding… or if there’s something that you don’t understand, you can always reach out to me and I’ll try to help as best I can. :blush:

1 Like

Thank you, I appreciate your offer :blush:

I usually pick the “theme or aesthetic” depending on the season lol, I made this one for summer, these are the websites I used! :blob_sun:

Character Card

1 Like

I have a YouTube video that explains on how to make one. I used photo shop, but it works pretty much the same way with any photo editing software.

3 Likes

I did it! I made my first character card using Gimp! And I’m never using Gimp again because it’s too finicky and a lot of features don’t work like they did the first time. What could I improve next time I try making one?

Edit: It was so difficult trying to find a text color that didn’t blend in with the background. :sob: Maybe this wasn’t the best background to go with. Aaaannnd I forgot to include the clothing deets, crap.

1 Like

I never liked using gimp either! I just can’t!! my favorite app for editing is BeFunky! there’s lots of fonts to choose from and you can also layer things! here’s another website I use for cute unique fonts, you can choose for it to be (png) overall you did a great job! my first character card was awful lol. you can maybe improve the color of style of the font :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback!

1 Like

Hey guys, how does this character card look? I’m willing to post this on my Instagram. I used Pixlr on my laptop and to add text, I used my phone with this app called Add Text.

1 Like

Looks good :grin: maybe try add some little things in to the background, to break up the blue colour. Maybe some little butterflies or what ever you feel fits you best :blush:

1 Like

I added a thought bubble with text and some transparent stars (because I like things that sparkle). How does it look?

2 Likes

Even better now :slightly_smiling_face: well done! :sparkles:

1 Like