Tonsillectomy Surgery Recovery Help (I'm desperate!)

I’m no stranger to surgery. I’ve had 6 and counting during my life, 5 of which were absolutely fine. Usually I take one or two days off and then I’m back to business as usual. But this time, things are very different. I had a tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, and turbinate surgery and I am having a very hard time with recovery. Most people don’t get this surgery at my age, so I don’t personally know anyone who can give me advice, and the internet can be confusing. It’s been two days, and I still can’t eat or drink without a lot of pain. I’ve tried ice cream. oatmeal, pudding, milkshakes, eggs, and pretty much everything else I could find online. Does anyone have any advice on what I could eat or just recovery tips in general? Sorry for the lengthy post, and I know this is probably not the best place to be looking for advice but your girl has got to eat!

A picture of cute animal friends to reward you for reading my lengthy, boring post

2 Likes

Mashed Potatos? I don’t know.

2 Likes

You might want to go to a doctor for advice on this instead of asking people on forums :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Haha, you’re probably right, but so far I haven’t gotten any good advice from them.

1 Like

Probably best to head back to the doctor… make sure there’s no infection or anything that’s not healing the way it should be. Good luck. Hope you feel better soon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.