Top must haves for when you're reading/writing a episode story

What are some of yall’s top must haves for when you’re reading/writing a episode story?

2 Likes

Good directing!! Is a must!

4 Likes

I know it’s weird but for me, for a plot, when the main character has a best friend and the best friend has a big crush on the main character’s brother

4 Likes

Yes I agree they need a character they connect with a lot!

2 Likes

Yup

2 Likes

A top must have is definitely choices! It makes the story more interactive and fun for the readers!! :grin:

4 Likes
  • Character Development ~ I love seeing my character changing it just doesn’t have to be positive, it can also be negative
  • Choices That Matter ~ I like to see what I choose for a choice affect something because then I just feel like "What was that for? But I’m weird.
  • Amazing Grammar ~ Everybody makes grammar mistakes, no big deal. Just try to make your grammar neat as possible
  • Engaging Scenes ~ I like to be engaged in a story, that way I’m all like "THIS STORY IS THE BOMB!!! I NEED MORE!!!
  • Good Episode Ender, to make me come back for more. ~ I love a good cliffhanger, it keeps me on the edge of my seat wanting more.
  • Not a lot of author notes ~ Author notes really annoy me, use them when needed
  • Have an option to customize our character after we know them, {Personal} ~ *Maybe it’s just me, but if I have a best friend in the plot, and she is a backstabber I don’t wanna make her look like a supermodel *
  • Good Plot ~ Everyone needs a good plot to write a GOOD story, that is a must
  • Good Directing ~ Basic directing is well…basic. It wouldn’t want me leaving for more.
  • Emotion ~ I like to feel something when really reading a story, that way your story is coming to life.

I hope this helped, I hope you got the idea.

12 Likes

Oh and too add also, this is more of a personal opinion but I love stories where they mc doesn’t fall for the love interest right away.

2 Likes

Yes I totally agree because some stories the mc falls for the love interest when she literally just met him/her like a week ago. But I mean it can kinda be a love at first sight type of thing :woman_shrugging::joy:

4 Likes

ooh this was SUPER helpful I will def be keeping some of these in mind when writing

1 Like

No problem :heart:

1 Like

Yesss I agree 100% with you! okay this might sound a little cliche but I really like it when the love interest has a best friend and then the mc’s best friend ends up liking the love interest best friend (hopefully that all made since :joy:).

3 Likes

OMG YUSS! I love that! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

A plot that advances not too slowly. I like a big event that effects the storyline every chapter, or two if there’s a lot going on

2 Likes

I like when the mc doesn’t fall for her/his love interest right away and visa versa. It makes it more exciting😋

3 Likes

A loveable and interesting main character!! I can not stress this enough, I honestly hate main characters that think they’re all bad ass because they’re rude 24/7 and slaps the love interests over the most smallest things.

6 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t fit into any Creator’s Corner subcategories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

I agree with what’s been said above

I’d also like to add option to play as a male!
I love reading / playing as a male! I’m more likely to continue a story if it’s from a male perspective >.<

5 Likes

Oof I don’t mean to self promo but my story has a male mc with advanced directing :sweat_smile: Maybe you wouldn’t mind checking it out?
It’s called: AW: Everything In Between
The genre is Mystery/Adventure/Romance
The link is: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4590429666607104
Summary: In 2025, heroes all around the world are being mysteriously killed and murdered. Will Lyric and the cocky superhero he hates be able to solve the case? [LGBT/MALE MC/DIVERSITY]
Cover:
cover

1 Like

Also tbh I love it when the love interest is a bad boy lmao. I also love it iin romance stories when the two main characters fall for eachother’s personality first before their looks.
And I don’t really like stories where the main character slaps the love interest because it’s “badass” and I dislike stories that have token POC or LGBT characters.

2 Likes