Topic is closed

Some people are really bothered by spelling and grammar mistakes. It’d be best to correct little mistakes like “Inlove” and “whats”.

4 Likes

I’m being totally serious.

1 Like

Well i didn’t think it would be such a bother but I’m new so

I love the story idea. Sexy dangerous cyborg. :blush: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
I just read the first couple scenes of your story. I think you have great potential! I think your writing is good and you have good vocabulary!!
I would suggest adding periods to the ends of your sentences and capitalizing i.

Since you are new, we’re really trying to just help. I don’t think anyone here is being rude or sarcastic to you. We’re here to help you succeed!
I’ve personally been here for 3+ years and grammar really does turn some people off for sure.

7 Likes

Just saying, lots of people I know click off of stories the second they use ‘i’ instead of ‘I’.

1 Like

She did fix her grammar errors in her description. Kristen you should go update your topic and possibly put a new photo of the description so people don’t keep telling you that. It might be helpful.

3 Likes

Who do you think is being sarcastic? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Never mind let’s forget it

1 Like

Good luck on your story

2 Likes

I’m sorry i didn’t mean to snap at anyone. I know you just wanted to help i appreciate your advice i will work on my mistakes to better my story!

2 Likes

:raising_hand_woman:t4: I’m one of those people.

3 Likes

I’m sure you worked really hard on your story but readers are really into aesthetics, we do judge books by their covers, the spelling errors in your description portray an unpolished product. You can put all the time and energy in the world into writing a great story with an original idea and compelling characters but it’s all for nothing if your presentation looks sloppy.

I am also one of these people.

2 Likes

I think criticism will honestly help better my story. I can improve it :blush:

1 Like

Also can anyone think of any catchy name ideas for my story? I might do a new cover

Yay! Great new attitude!

2 Likes

Spelling and grammar aside, another way to increase reads is by updating frequently :slight_smile: . I don’t know how many chapters you have, but some people won’t even read stories that only have 3 episodes.

1 Like

I just updated the other day im on my 6th chapter now

1 Like

I think a lot of new authors like me probably have this mistake. Im lowkey embarrassed the fact that i spelled in love as inlove. Lol :woozy_face:

1 Like

Maybe
How I fell for a cyborg

Definitely try getting an IG if you can, although it does take a while to accumulate a real following (by real I mean people who actually follow you for your stories and not just follow-for-follows).
I published a story a few weeks ago and didn’t announce it. I gained 10 reads in a day. I announced the story and gained 200 reads overnight. So social media does help (although, I have built up a great following already which took time).

2 Likes