Topic is Now Closed

Hello, everyone. I have found the answer to my question. Therefore, this topic is closed. Thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yea, I think thats how most people do it. But change up some things so they seem more feminine in a way

1 Like

I usually only copy and paste the script that doesnā€™t include the love interest. I write dialogue specific to each branch simply because woman-woman relationships are much different than woman-man or man-man. This is based on my own dating experienceā€¦ itā€™s usually why I wonā€™t read stories with LGBTQ+ branches written by straight authors

6 Likes

What is it exactly your asking? --like how would a woman to woman/man to man interact in terms of attraction or am I completely off? (if this of course would be an option)

Hello, everyone. I have found the answer to my question. Therefore, this topic is closed. Thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

If you do copy and paste please make sure you dont just like at changing things like pronouns (but definitely do that)

Ive seen a lot of storys where not only was it on the female love interest branch, mentions of how ā€œheā€™s the oneā€ or ā€œI loved himā€ because the author got lazy and didnt change them, but forgetting entire scenes that need to be alteredā€¦

I felt bad for hating a story because they did change all the pronouns but the issue was when the MC was describing her one true love, they described with very masculine/male features on the female branchā€¦

I dont know how else to describe it but describing things like ā€˜her predominant beard/mustache hairā€™ and how the MC finds the female LIā€™s mustache sexy etcā€¦

Dont get me wrong no hate to females with mustaches but it wasnt just like mustaches as well it was also just describing the physical features using masculine prodominant words such as handsome, beefy and having like EVERY GIRL go after them like- LGBT are the minority, I get the LI is a catch but realistically a school of 1000 people isnā€™t going to have like 458 girls falling over the girl of your dreamsā€¦ - most of those girls would be straight, with maybe 1 or 2 other people of LGBT orientation in the school, sometimes they may not even like each otherā€¦ like as a pansexual non gender conforming person, There was a ftm guy at our school in my classes, I always felt like they just didnā€™t like me for some reason and thats okay! but then there was a girl ive met who is gay but its not automatically omg we are in love, na me and her talk bout our exes and all our funny stories

so if you are writing lgbt lovers just remember most of the time its unconventional circumstances and a lot of the time you dont even know the other person is gay or their sexuality, like with my ex, We were friends since middle school, I developed a crush and on the day I intended to tell her I was pan she told me she liked a girl named chloe and I ended up telling her I was gay in the bowling alley bathrooms whilst she was crying over a toilet. :sweat_smile: :tipping_hand_woman: :tipping_hand_man:p.s. I wish they would add a gender neutral version of these emojiā€™s rip

8 Likes

3 Likes

Yeah but your script as a whole story of choosing that option right?

1 Like

I think soā€¦? I donā€™t entirely understand

If youā€™re referring to bisexual MC, I might be able to help. As a bisexual myself, I donā€™t really mind about author just copying and pasting the script from the male LI. Just be wary about pronouns and some scenes and narrations that might require alterations.

1 Like

Depends on what they identify as since LGBTQ+ is broad, but I have seen a lot of people get upset with copy and pasted routes because there is too high a chance for it to be inaccurate and therefore offensive.

1 Like

most peopel do it that way - that the love interest behaves the same in both versions - which can be completly OK - I mean you can have man an womand with similar attitude and character.

I mean you as author will probably see for yourself if you like your female LI acting the same as male LI or not. If ypu have extreme type of characters - like extremly masculine behaving guy it migh look bit weird but on the other hand ā€“ there are woman who act like that too - so its more about you - do you want them be like that in both story lines?

Or you can add 2 different LI and make them each with different personality - so in the other story line he might react different than she.

5 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s what I was going to suggest! It seems to introduce a lot of room for error when you make a m/f version of the same character so why not just make them separate people w/ separate personalities? Thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing w/ my story, and Iā€™m enjoying how the player gets to see different sides of the MC depending on who theyā€™re with. The only thing with this route is making sure youā€™re balancing screen time.

1 Like

I can do thatā€¦ except that Iā€™ll have to change up my story to do that. It might mess up the plot :grimacing: Iā€™m also kinda a new author; so Iā€™m afraid that would be a little too hardā€¦?

I probably shouldā€™ve planned this out betterā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s fine! If youā€™ve already started writing under the assumption that youā€™d have m/f versions of the li then I think those above have given great advice on how to go about it. Iā€™m just getting back into writing too, but my story focuses on a group of friends so for me having separate lis was natural. I understand not everyoneā€™s story is structured the same, though. Iā€™m wishing you easy writing no matter the route you choose :))

1 Like

No, but you can just try use gender neutral words and pronouns.

1 Like

Lol I hate those teasers. I never know what to write. It all depends on which branch your on :see_no_evil:

1 Like

You donā€™t have to write a teaser.
Many authors just type the story description in there so they donā€™t have to deal with anythingā€¦ and it actually kinda makes sense! It looks like itā€™s supposed to be that way. Iā€™m still going to write mine thoughā€¦

Oh I know. And at one point I deleted them all. I never read them myself. And then I did a poll and overwhelmingly, people wanted the teasers.

1 Like