๐”ธ๐•“๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•’๐•ช๐•’'๐•ค โ„๐•–๐•ง๐•š๐•–๐•จ ๐•‹๐•™๐•ฃ๐•–๐•’๐•• ๐•จ๐•š๐•ฅ๐•™ ๐•Ž๐•–๐•–๐•œ๐•๐•ช ๐”ธ๐•จ๐•’๐•ฃ๐••๐•ค

Hi Iโ€™m back! Wellโ€ฆ kinda. I will be reviewing the requests I got through dm. You can still request but I will review them when the reveal contest deadline is over or when I finished my three chapters already. Request again if I couldnโ€™t do yours due to me leaving and did not ask one on dm!

why I left for a while

This thread is closed due to me not standing this toxicity anymore. Episode has to listen to all the threads instead of saying โ€˜we are looking into itโ€™ and at the same time closing the thread!

That being said: if you really want a review from me, dm me on my instagram! And if this thread is going to be unlisted: please donโ€™t. It wonโ€™t make your case better. And people can learn from my reviews as well.

Instagram: @abinaya.writes

Hello and welcome to this review thread!

An honest critic will be given in a respectful way. I will pick a winner each week for a โ€˜story of the week awardโ€™. This means you will get a promotion from me on a separate thread which will be added here for the following week and you will be added to my โ€˜SOTWโ€™ highlight. The link to that thread will be on my website as well. You can find my website through my profile or Instagram.

๐‘น๐‘ผ๐‘ณ๐‘ฌ๐‘บ

• I will review your first chapter.
  • If your story is not published: send me a message down below that you want a review and pm me afterward with the required information.
  • if your story is published: send the link down below!
  • The moment Iโ€™ve liked your comment, Iโ€™ve accepted the request.

๐‘ฎ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฌ๐‘ต ๐‘ญ๐‘ฌ๐‘ฌ๐‘ซ๐‘ฉ๐‘จ๐‘ช๐‘ฒ
โžถ FIRST IMPRESSION:
cover/ splashes
description

โžถ CREATIVITY

โžถ BUILD OF STORY
dialogue
choices
animations
music

โžถ CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT/PERSONALITY

โžถ FLOW
rushing scenes
story length
unnecessary scenes

โžถ DIRECTING LEVEL
CC templates/outfit games
mini games
overlays
background characters

โžถ DO I WANT TO READ MORE?

๐‘ญ๐‘ถ๐‘น๐‘ด
โžถ Title:
โžถ Author:
โžถ Genre:
โžถ Description:
โžถ Style:
โžถ Published/unpublished:
โžถ Story link (if published):
โžถ I want a grade with my review: yes/no
โžถ Note to me (optional):

๐‘ซ๐‘ฐ๐‘บ๐‘ช๐‘ณ๐‘จ๐‘ฐ๐‘ด๐‘ฌ๐‘น:

DO NOT send your link down below if your story is not published yet! There is a reason why I added that to the rules. People will get your friends link and will be able to read without passes.

All reviews will be given in this thread. Tell me if you want otherwise (pm/Instagram).

Do not try to rush me! I want to make helpful reviews and that will take time. Donโ€™t worry if Iโ€™ve liked your comment!

I donโ€™t want to bring anyone down with my feedback! We are here to help each other and not bringing each other down.

I wonโ€™t be helping on a regular bases. It just doesnโ€™t work for me to do that. So donโ€™t pm/dm me with โ€˜could you review this againโ€™ or โ€˜how can I do thisโ€™. But yes, we can have a conversation about your review. Just donโ€™t contact me with new questions or anything like that 'cuz I only gave you the review as a guide and itโ€™s your responsibility to see if youโ€™re satisfied with the result.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding my review. If you want to talk about this, dm me on instagram @abinaya.writes.

Password: kindness is key <3
blur this password as well!

๐‘พ๐‘จ๐‘ฐ๐‘ป๐‘ฐ๐‘ต๐‘ฎ ๐‘ณ๐‘ฐ๐‘บ๐‘ป

โžถ @episode.mistletoe
โžถ @maree_s
โžถ @episode.michellerose
โžถ @khushboo
โžถ @May.I.Write
โžถ @lqwalter
โžถ @Superpup
โžถ @Ducky1
โžถ @Seep_Mukta

๐‘ช๐‘ถ๐‘ด๐‘ท๐‘ณ๐‘ฌ๐‘ป๐‘ฌ๐‘ซ ๐‘น๐‘ฌ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฌ๐‘พ๐‘บ

@Phoenix_11037 - Squad: fulfillment
@Stxrylines - Maid of Honour
@zerocantwrite - MY NAME IS YOU
@archh_07 - Hide and Seek
@Anya_R - Ley Lines
@hamnah.epi - Just the Bodyguard
@khushboo - How I met a millionaire
@Kristina.Cer - Riot
@Iconic.chelsea - The 7 Deadly Sins
@BrandyJude - Midnight Moon
@Days - (Un)Eligible Bachelor
@xoxoalynam - Whoโ€™s She?
@Fiffy - Ice Crime

Iโ€™m not a proofreader! If you want a proofreader: Andrea T.'s Grammar Proofreading Thread (CLOSED to catch up)

DM me on Instagram (@abinaya.writes) if you want to talk about this review!

Doing this will take a lot of time and effort so Iโ€™m only asking for a credit in advance.
@abinaya.writes <3

27 Likes

Thank you for this thread!

โžถ Title: Squad: Fulfillment

โžถ Author: Novialia

โžถ Genre: Fantasy

โžถ Description: You screwed up, so your mom sends you to a private school. After arriving, you soon realize that not everything is what it seems when you discover a whole new magical world.

โžถ Style: LL

โžถ I want a grade with my review: Yes

โžถ Note to me (optional): Itโ€™s unpublished right now, but the first chapter is fully completed.

โžถ Password: Kindness is key

2 Likes

Thanks for the opportunity :smile:

Title - Maid Of Honour
Author - Stxrylines
Genre - Fantasy and Mystery
Description -When your goal is to become a High Maid, And girls are missing in Meattle are going missingโ€ฆWhat will stop you from your goal? Limted CC
Style - limelight
Graded with review - sure, I donโ€™t mind

Password - kindness is key <3

2 Likes

Amazing thread!:white_heart:

2 Likes

โžถ Title: MY NAME IS YOU
โžถ Author: zerocantwrite
โžถ Genre: adventure / sci fi
โžถ Description: โ€œMY NAME IS YOU, and itโ€™s the sanest thing in my lifeโ€; in a world where no one belongs, all You wants to do is fit in.โ€
โžถ Style: limelight
โžถ I want a grade with my review: yes
โžถ Note to me (optional): ty for doing such a cool thread ! <3

2 Likes

tfw i forgot the password lmao
password: kindness is key <3

2 Likes

Hey! Thanks for doing this <3
โžถ Title: Hide and Seek
โžถ Author: Architha Sriram
โžถ Genre: Drama
โžถ Description: College isnโ€™t always about friends, parties and fun. With secrets so deep rooted, will Lara finally seek out the vile truth or will they stay hidden?
โžถ Style: Limelight
โžถ Published/unpublished: Published!
password : kindness is key

1 Like

โžถ Title: Ley Lines

โžถ Author: Anya Reinhardt

โžถ Genre: Supernatural Thriller

โžถ Description: The shadow haunting Soleil craves her death and the destruction of everything she knows. Does she have the power to save her town and her soul?

โžถ Note to me (optional): Limited CC of MC only

โžถ Password: kindness is key <3

โžถ Story Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6333101402030080

2 Likes

Hey!
Thanks for making this really helpful thread. Could I have a review of my first story? I will send you the link privately as it isnโ€™t published yet. Hereโ€™s my form <3

Form

โžถ Title: Just The Bodyguard
โžถ Author: Hamnah.episode
โžถ Genre: Drama
โžถ Description:
I donโ€™t think you can just be my bodyguard.
Iโ€™m too attached now.

After all,
This is a threatening game weโ€™re playing.
So please,
Donโ€™t get yourself caughtโ€ฆ
CM | CC | 2LI

โžถ Published/unpublished: Unpublished
โžถ Story link (if published): I will PM it to you
โžถ I want a grade with my review: Yes please
โžถ Password: Kindness is Key

2 Likes

Thank you very much for making this thread!
โžถ Title: Riot
โžถ Author: Kristina
โžถ Genre: Action
โžถ Description: When assassins start to โ€˜disappearโ€™ Kaeli begins a journey to fight this external force. But she has to team up with rival assassins, making or breaking the only world she knows.
โžถ Style: INK
โžถ Published/unpublished: Unpublished, will send link through pm
โžถ Note to me (optional): No CC due to custom poses/overlays in further chapters, Covers not yet created

2 Likes

โžถ Title: The 7 Deadly Sins
โžถ Author: Chelsea
โžถ Genre: Comedy
โžถ Description: The 7 deadly sins get sent to Eatth to complete a task and canโ€™t go back home till they complete it. The thing is, they donโ€™t know what the task is.
โžถ Style: Ink
โžถ Published/unpublished: Publishes
โžถ Story link (if published): http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5096772989222912
โžถ Note to me (optional):
[/quote]

2 Likes

โžถ Title: Midnight Moon
โžถ Author: Brandy Jude
โžถ Genre: Romance
โžถ Description: Four years ago, Billie left without saying goodbye to the one man she thought she would love forever. Now, returning home, she is about to find you canโ€™t run from everything.
โžถ Published/unpublished: Published
โžถ Story link (if published): http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4550502084968448

2 Likes

Password: Kindness is key

โžถ Title: Queer: The One
โžถ Author: ร‰lise and Danielle
โžถ Genre: Mystery
โžถ Description: Follow Detective Hudson who has spent their life trying to put their familyโ€™s tragic history behind them until a new serial killer threatens to uncover the past. M/F MC, 4 LI, CM
โžถ Story link (if published): http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4558247446773760 6
โžถ I want a grade with my review: yes/no
Please! So, yes!
โžถ Note to me (optional): We would love feedback on it and if there is anywhere to improve(so I know a few things will need to be fixed).

1 Like

Password : Kindness is key <3
โžถ Title: Shado
โžถ Author: Roy
โžถ Genre: Action
โžถ Description: After tragedy, Roy returns to civilization a changed women. She begins her crusade, determined to put things right, with the help of her trusted people,waging a one-woman on crime.
โžถ Style: Ink
โžถ Story link (if published): http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5108744574074880
โžถ I want a grade with my review: yes/no : Sure, why not.
โžถ Note to me (optional): Thank you thank you thank you so much for doing this :heart:

1 Like
REVIEW - (Squad: fulfillment)
  • FIRST IMPRESSION:
    You have put a lot of work into it! Itโ€™s nice to see youโ€™re putting an effort and it will work in your favor โ€˜cuz the reader will see this too.

cover/ splashes: that gif was an eye catcher! Although, your intro was too long. You also added a scene that was going to be shown in the same episode: delete that! It will lose itโ€™s value.

description: your description was really clear and leaved enough room for the imagination. It made me curious to see more. Good job!

extra: your cover did not loadโ€ฆ could you sent it to me via pm if you want a review on it?

• CREATIVITY
    Itโ€™s not a cliche at all! Overall, I donโ€™t think fantasies are cliche haha. I like that youโ€™ve added the problem with the mother instead of only the magical world.

• BUILD OF STORY
    dialogue: your dialogue is fine, but I think you have to dig more into โ€˜show, donโ€™t tellโ€™. It will help the reader in understanding how the character thinks.

How did the character think when she saw that portal? What happend when she was hurting out of nowhere? What pain did she feel?

Also, isnโ€™t it a little unrealistic how she just went straight to the portal? You can add more dialogue there too! Make sure it will show what her personality is.

Examples: you can use these examples or change them if you want

• When a light came out of the blue, I felt a huge urge to see what was happening. A urge I couldnโ€™t control. While deciding to go take a look, my curiosity took over and I was walking already. [more dialogue]

• When that portal stopped with itโ€™s [describe how she experienced the portal: beautiful speech, unnecessary poem etc.] I saw my knees going weak while my body was trying to stay strong.

Iโ€™ve used the technic Iโ€™ve told you about in my examples. You can find a link on โ€˜show, donโ€™t tellโ€™ in the link below!

Link โ€˜show, donโ€™t tellโ€™: https://self-publishingschool.com/show-dont-tell-writing/

choices:
Your choices matter which is a thing a lot of readers prefer (even episode). But I donโ€™t know what my choices did when I made them. So using a reader message with what it did and what point they got/lose is highly recommended.

Itโ€™s tricky to have choices of how she reacts in the first episode. People will โ€˜makeโ€™ her instead of โ€˜knowโ€™ her. If thatโ€™s what youโ€™re going for: do so! Change some dialogue to match the choices the reader made and let them know when that happens.

Example:
The reader will get confident points and shy points.

MOTHER

Could you do the dishes?

if (SHY > CONFIDENT) - (reader made her shy)

readerMessage Dahlia reacts shy because of your choices!

DAHLIA

Y-yeah I willโ€ฆ

Obviously, this is not an impactful situation. But using this makes it a lot more fun!

animations: when the portal was talking, Dahlia just stood there. Try to add more animations so we can see how she felt over the situation. But overall, your animations are pretty good!

music: I recommend changing the music in scenes when the vibe is changing as well. When the mother was calling Dahlia out in the office and there was still happy music playing is just not a good look.

You can ease the music in but donโ€™t make it longer than three seconds. At one scene, the music started playing after Iโ€™ve clicked on my third speech bubble.

• CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT/PERSONALITY

She seems like a power woman to me! Because of what I said earlier by โ€˜choicesโ€™ I wonโ€™t go into this as much. I did not really know what her personality was because you were letting me choose how she reacts through choices (again, thatโ€™s completely fine!) and a lack of animations which I did talk about too.

At the end of the chapter, I could see what people think about her. I think this is a good idea! But people like to get to know the character through the chapters. I think itโ€™s best to add this to your chapter the moment the reader made choices which will determent if the character likes them or not.

• FLOW

rushing scenes: try to take more time on important scenes. It feels like your rushing a bit.

story length: Itโ€™s a good length. Nothing to add about that!

unnecessary scenes: Every scene had itโ€™s goal which I could see. I enjoyed every scene!
But the scene where the fire man was walking was a little long.

• DIRECTING LEVEL

Itโ€™s good, but it could be better. About that portal scene: try using a rear animation and put her a little more to the side while she is facing the portal and switch from views so you could see her face as well.

You can do this with zooms and different backgrounds, I recommend flipping a background. If you want to know more about this, itโ€™s called โ€˜over the shoulder viewโ€™.

Itโ€™s some extra work but itโ€™s worth it for important scenes like this

Also, try to avoid using reader messages for credit. It interrupts the story.

CC templates/outfit games: you added the cc in the flow of the story and I admire that! Good job <3

overlays: you did use a lot of overlays and rotating overlays and thatโ€™s a great sign of effort! Keep it up <3

• DO I WANT TO READ MORE?
    Iโ€™m doubting a little if I want to read more. Your directing is good, but your character development is a little on the down side. But your story plot will make me go to the second chapter!

• GRADE: 15/20

I hope this review was helpful and respectful!
Also, I canโ€™t give you feedback on your grammar because Iโ€™m not a native speaker. I recommend finding a proofreader! <3

4 Likes
REVIEW - Maid of Honour
  • FIRST IMPRESSION:

cover/ splashes: Your cover is absolutely amazing! I love the vibe of it. If I was scrolling through episode and saw that cover, I would have clicked immediately.

Your splashes are nice too and did not take a lot of time!

description: your description is really bad. I did not get any information at all and you also repeated a sentence. Go look at your interpunction! If I saw that description, I would have clicked away.

About the description youโ€™ve send me through this thread: much better! Did not get a lot of information but I liked it. Why did you send me a different description through this thread, though?

• CREATIVITY

I love the story plot and what you did with the aura! <3

• BUILD OF STORY

dialogue: it wasnโ€™t the greatest but not the worst either. Try to add more dialogue and narrator bubbles! I loved the second half of this chapter but the first half was disappointing and could have been done in a much shorter time. Again, I loved the second part where the action began! Maybe try and get that same energie on the first half?

extra: Iโ€™m not going to check grammar, but it was really bad. You did not even end a sentence with a period. Find a proofreader as soon as possible (I recommend @andrea.j.episode)! People will click away if there is a lot of bad grammar.

choices: add choices! This is a way to make it interactive. I recommend adding this to the first half of your story. Consider making choices that matter.

animations: your animations were on point! The animations by the teacher were amazing and I totally felt the vibe you were going for!

music: add more music and change it in scenes if the vibe changes! Also, the sound of people talking stopped when you went to another background. Itโ€™s really sloppy so be aware of the music!

• CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT/PERSONALITY

Yes: letting the reader choose a name is good. But add a default name they can choose if they want to read the story how you intended it to be!

Main character is kinda boring. Give her better dialogue that will show who she is! Try using more narrator bubbles with her thoughts or describe things how she sees something.

Example: you can use these examples and change them if you want

• While the lesson was continuing, I felt the need to open the book I was holding for so long. I wanted to read this book the moment I stood up and I canโ€™t wait any longer. [narrator bubbles]

• FLOW

rushing scenes: the beginning was so slow. Can you make her walk faster?

Try to add more pauses. For example, when the mcโ€™s friend was calling her. At a pause of at least one second before she is calling her again.

Again, second half was perfect!

story length: it was way to short! It was 7 minutes for me to read. Make it longer! Donโ€™t make it longer just to make it longer with unnecessary scenes, though. That will give no benefit to the story plot nor character development.

unnecessary scenes: I donโ€™t think you had unnecessary scenes.

• DIRECTING LEVEL

Your directing was fine, but be aware of the height of a character. It is unrealistic to make a character so long that their head will come at the end of the screen.

Try to add more zooms and easing to make it a lot more interesting.

CC templates/outfit games: I love what you did with the background while customizing. Good job!

overlays: again, those overlays while customizing are really nice!

background characters: good job with focusing on background characters and not using default characters. Using defaults is really sloppy so Iโ€™m glad you did not do that!

Change their animations from time to time. Changing it will give your story a lot more personality.

• DO I WANT TO READ MORE?

I love the cliffhanger on the teacher and how you made it, but your chapters are really short so I would be doubting to read more.

• GRADE: 10/20

Iโ€™m sorry if this came across as rude! I tried to be as respectful as possible <3

2 Likes

Tysm, I needed this

• tbh I agree,Iโ€™m really bad at grammar :confounded:

Thatโ€™s not something to feel bad about, love! See the link Iโ€™ve added on my thread. She is a good proofreader!

1 Like

Ty!!! :smile:

1 Like

โžถ Title: Another High School Story

โžถ Author: Maris

โžถ Genre: drama/thriller

โžถ Description: You had always had a normal high school experience that is until your last year of high school. Can you keep your boyfriend a secret from your parents? And then thereโ€™s your boyfriend does not like your bestfriend who so happens to be a guy and others seem to not like you and your boyfriendโ€ฆbut what happens when that jealousy turns into rage.

โžถ Style: limelight

โžถ Published/unpublished: published

โžถ Story link (if published): http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6594331827306496

โžถ Note to me : In this story you are not supposed to know a lot about the characters straight off of the first episodeโ€ฆas it continues on readers will get to understand more things about the characters. Thanks for doing this!

1 Like