𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔼𝕩𝕔𝕦𝕤𝕖 ℕ𝕠𝕥𝕖 𝔾𝕒𝕞𝕖

Notes Ink ENP

(𝘛𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘗𝘪𝘤)

The excuse note is (in America, at least) a time-honored tradition for both parents and scheming students alike. Whether you’ve twisted your ankle and need a note excusing you from gym or the classic crafting an excuse for showing up suspiciously late, the excuse note is a sacred practice used for generations. This thread honors the tradition with:

T̲h̲e̲ E̲x̲c̲u̲s̲e̲ N̲o̲t̲e̲ G̲a̲m̲e̲ - write your best/most creative excuse note for the situation provided.

The person before you will provide your prompt; your job is to write a note excusing the situation and then provide a prompt for the next person.

Your goal is to make either as b̲e̲l̲i̲e̲v̲a̲b̲l̲e̲ or c̲r̲e̲a̲t̲i̲v̲e̲ an excuse note as you can.

I will select some of the excuses that I consider to be the best and award them a permanent spot on the excuse note Hall of Fame (below).

T̲h̲e̲ E̲x̲c̲u̲s̲e̲ N̲o̲t̲e̲ H̲a̲l̲l̲ o̲f̲ F̲a̲m̲e̲

^For creativity and a well-researched basis.

^For the fakest pleasantries.

^For a nearly completely genuine apology.

^For adding insult to injury.

^Awarded by popular consensus.

^For extensive use of “the blame game.”

^For nailing the attitude.

^For the best unexpected existential crisis.

^For amazing dry humor and historical accuracy.

^For eloquence.

^For extreme relatability.

I will start us off with an example excuse note and a prompt for the first contestant.

Example prompt: Write a note excusing Scar for killing Mufasa.

Dear Simba,
Kindly excuse our leader for killing your father. It wasn’t anything personal (not really anyway), he just stood in Master Scar’s way. It was all part of Master’s grand plan for riches and glory, you see. I guess we apologize for all the years you thought it was your fault.
No hard feelings,
The hyenas

:star: Next prompt: Excuse Mordred for betraying King Arthur. :star:

Please be mindful of what you comment. If I deem your post inappropriate, I will flag it.

Tags to get this thing started:

(People from the Breakup Game and some friends.)
@Whispering_Flower @BrookeTurner @MG_789 @mondalsushanta637 @pardeep @Shahtuta @girgitii @BLUEANDGREY @BlackHearted @episodeLynne
Sorry if you didn’t want to be tagged!

Helping out with some tags of your own would be greatly appreciated!

11 Likes

Prompt: Excuse Mordred for betraying King Arthur.

Dear Guinevere,
So, I know what Mordred did was unforgivable since he tried to take you as his wife and your husband’s throne. But all he wanted was to be rich and powerful. I’m sure we all have that wish, at least once in a lifetime? That’s all he ever wanted. And of course, he used to have a crush on you for countless years, because of your beauty and pure awesomeness! I’m sure what he did can be excused, right?
Yours truly,
Morgana

Seems like a fun game, great idea! Not sure if this excuse note is accurate, haha :joy: honored to be the first person to participate :eyes:

:star: Next prompt: Excuse Poseidon for plotting against Zeus. :star:

3 Likes

Thanks!

Doesn’t matter, so long as it’s entertaining. :grin: :relieved:

3 Likes

Okay lmt
Dear Zeus
I know what I did was wrong but the truth is I though was the one to be the god of the sky.
and someday I hope you forgive my sins tell my nephew I’m sorry and this time I mean it I hope we can be a family again come to the underworld if you like and I will be having a feast ready for you to say sorry for my sins I miss you and Love you all
Hates
:star: Next prompt: Excuse Medusa turning people into stone. :star:

Hope this is okay :grimacing:

5 Likes

Dear Perseus,

Allow me to start by saying that I am sincerely sorry for turning all those people to stone. It’s just that Athena was such a pathetic b**** for turning me into this hideous… thing! Like, who cares if I invaded your temple just to make out with her uncle? Did she really feel this was necessary? Sigh… anyway—sorry for doing all that. But, let’s be totally honest. Those people were annoying. You should be thanking me for decorating the towns with all those beautiful statues! Now please put my head back on my body. :grin:

• Medusa
9 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What’s the next prompt?

3 Likes

Oh shoot :joy:

Um… here’s one!

:star:NEW PROMPT: Have the evil stepmother give Cinderella an excuse for ruining her entire life. :grin:

4 Likes

Beautiful, except the prompt was to excuse Poseidon, not Hades. :joy: It’s fine, though; I think it’s funnier this way.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have our first excuse for the Hall of Fame!
:clapping:

4 Likes

Congrats! @CrimsonCat6

3 Likes

Dear Cinderella,
My dear stepdaughter Cinderella… I don’t know what to say… I loved your father with whole my heart and was devastated after he died. I know killing him is no excuse, but I wanted the money from his life insurance to pay the bills of the castle. Please, let me know if this letter arrives in good state and if you want to set me and your stepsisters free, soon. The dungeon we are staying in is cold and isolated. Love your stepmother

New prompt: The excuse from Delilah for cutting off Samsons hair.

9 Likes

Nice. :joy:

2 Likes

No way! TYSM! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::heartpulse:

2 Likes

Oh okay I thought it might be Hades cause in the movie Hades steels souls and he is the villein who stole Hercules and tried to kill him by turning him into a human to kill him but failed so that’s were I got Hades from.

1 Like

Yeah, there’s an argument for both. Greek gods were notably less than perfect. :relieved:

3 Likes

Bump!

1 Like

:blob_hearts: Thank you!

Some tags, let's keep this thing going!

Tagging at random: @april_episode @Canvas @evelynn.writes @Leana2 @tea.coral @Devil_Herself @amanaaattt @k.w.episode @Honey_bae @LauraC
Sorry if you didn’t want to be tagged!

4 Likes

I’d like to, but am I allowed to ask for a new prompt? I don’t know who Delilah and Samson are. :sweat:
Hopefully it’s not common knowledge I’m supposed to know. :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

They’re a pair from the bible. Weird story short, Delilah romanced him just to betray him by cutting his hair. Samson’s uncut hair gave him super strength, and cutting it made him weak. She sold him out to his enemies for a bribe, I believe. His enemies were then able to overpower him and he ended up dying. :confused: :woman_shrugging:
You can try an excuse note from that or I can think up another prompt for you. :thinking:

2 Likes

@Normal_Is_Boring You’ve got it right. → Delilah | biblical figure | Britannica

2 Likes

:grinning: Sunday school paid off. :relieved:

2 Likes