Transition help (newbie)!

Hey everyone! Sorry again, I usually just search up my answers as I’m a new writer. I usually see everyone starting off with splashes in their episode and it stays for a few seconds before transitioning. I did it, but I don’t know how to make it stay a few seconds longer before transitioning. :frowning:

before you write
@transition fade out

you can write
@pause for 5 (that means 5 seconds)

2 Likes

Birthday girl is right :sunglasses::candy::cake::green_heart:

Code for it:
@pause for T

And you would replace that T with a number, depending on how many seconds you want the background to stay for before you move onto the next background (T can be 5 like @RainbowCat said or another number like 3, 6, and so forth.)

Good luck!

1 Like

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since this is a coding question. If you have questions about anything, feel free to PM me and make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics. :wink:

1 Like

Like this right, this was messing with my head still haha

@transition fade in black in 2

2 Likes

I tried that but the background just comes without transitions then it transitions I don’t know how to explain

I’d recommend

@transition fade out black in 2

I like the way this transition looks

1 Like

Here is an example for you:

INT.SPLASH
@pause for 5

1 Like

Thank you guys so much! I love you guys and yeah I got it and I hope I’ll remember and not get confused :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yayy :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hehe thank you for your help guys appreciate it. :smiley: making me closer to learn and publish my story! :smiley: