Transition/Scene changes

Okay, give me one second.

Do you remember the episode # it was on? I could probably code it as best as I can.

The most recent episode that was published

You’ll be able to visually see what i’m talking about.

There is a possibility that she may have used overlays for that scene. A background placed as an overlay is really great to maneuver at your own pace and will. I may not be able to reach that episode so soon because this is my first time reading it; however, try testing new ways and tricks with overlay moons and suns and clouds, blurred backgrounds, and clear vision background. Judging by the first episode alone, that is differently the key. Overlays.

Also test out animations using pauses and dawn-day-dusk-night backgrounds. That may come in handy. Playing around with these my help.

Yeah, I didn’t think of that. It probably was an overlay , but thank you a lot and I definitely will try those out (: thank you, thank you.

1 Like

You should have explained more on what you were asking. I just saw what you are talking about in episode 36 of The New Girl where it goes from night to day. You made it seem like like you wanted to switch straight between backgrounds without anything happening. You should have said the night background “blended/faded” into the day background. She’s using one of the backgrounds as an overlay, and just changed to opacity to get that “blend” feature.

Major thanks to everyone who helped/tried to help me out :heart:

How would you write that?

INT. BACKGROUND - DAY with BACKGROUND NIGHT OVERLAY
@pause for [number of seconds]
@overlay BACKGROUND NIGHT OVERLAY opacity 0 in 1

2 Likes

How would I make it an overlay?

Convert the background image into a png image. You can do this by using any png converter site/app.

1 Like

@Kamille can you give me the script of the whole scene?? I think I might be able to help you out.

Tbh it’s not a full script. Like this is for the beginning of the chapter. Does that matter?

Could you still send me your script?

So what are you exactly trying to do?? :smile::slightly_smiling_face:

Since you’re starting with the NIGHT background first, then transitioning into the DAY background, you would need to start out with the DAY opacity at 0, then have it change to 1

EXT. LA BEACH - NIGHT with MALIBU BEACH DAY
&overlay MALIBU BEACH DAY opacity 0 in 0
@pause for 3
@overlay MALIBU BEACH DAY opacity 1 in 1

2 Likes

You literally have explanations/ answers for everything. Eres la mejor gracias. I’ll edit that now

2 Likes