Transitions not working?

Hey everyone! I’ve got a question about something on the episode portal. I’m not sure if its a bug or a fix or something, but I figured I’d ask in case anyone has any explanations.

I’ve noticed this a few months ago, but it seems that when I code a transition (shade up, curtain left, etc.) in my story, it only shows a fade regardless of what I actually typed in. It shows this on the computer, and on my phone. Is this just a portal bug thing? Because I’m pretty sure I’ve seen all the other transitions in published stories. :man_shrugging:

If anyone has any answers/theories, I’d really appreciate it. :blush:

4 Likes

yes, it happens to my story too, its so anoying. I am gonna quite Sydney here, go make a ticket report. the more who complain, the faster they may fix this. though its been a long time since the problem started,

2 Likes

Just submitted a ticket. Hopefully they respond. :confused:

1 Like

I have never seen nor heard of that bug before, but gee Episode has been getting a lot of them.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s been going on for a while. But I just assumed it was something that would be fixed quickly. I mean, it’s not like it’s anything huge. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yup! it has happened to me ,I eventually gave up lol :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Dang :grimacing:

I’ve actually heard that a few people have been experiencing this bug. However, I don’t know too many details about it.

But episode’s been having a lotta bugs recently, so… :eyes:

1 Like

It’s working fine for me… I have used these animations in my recent episode and they worked fine…
Ig only solution is sending ticket

1 Like

yeah I had this problem even in mobile preview
It’s so annoying now I only have to use iris and fade

1 Like

@Archangel You’re not alone in this! x
Maybe there are hopes for it to be resolved yet.

2 Likes

You have no idea how happy this made me! :sob: :sob: It wasn’t only me!

@CrimsonCat6 I’ve had this issue for weeks if not months as well (in both the previewer as well as the app), so I truly know the struggle. I’ve been talking to the Support for a couple of weeks now, and they have only sent me from one person to another. The latest “explanation” was that they blamed tappable overlays, which I questioned. Apparently they can’t even detect any error in mine, so the latest update is that I had to send a video of it. Still waiting for their reply…

So glad that it’s not just me that’s experiencing it, because it feels as if they put the blame on me.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. :confused:
When I submitted my ticket, they just told me to doublecheck my browser and clear the cache or something. Tbh I don’t even think they’re acknowledging this correctly. :man_shrugging::sweat_smile:
It’s clearly a bug

did they on your phone, because they work fine on portal for me, but when I read on my phone it dosent,

please remember its not fade in and out, its shade in and out, and others

2 Likes

Moved to Report a Bug Writer’s Portal. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

yeah I have used iris in out, curtain transition n all…but I have downloaded app on my laptop so I checked there… It was working good for me

1 Like

Yeah, I think they’ve suggested that three times already. So, now the first thing I tell them is that I’ve done everything they’ve suggested already. Because it doesn’t work to do any of those things. :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

I’m having this problem since June. I was so tired of the transitions not working that I settled on using normal fades and iris. I hope they fix the bugs soon! This is tiring! I can’t handle so many bugs! They gotta do something :frowning:

1 Like

Sigh I know 😵‍💫

1 Like

Yeah if so many people are experiencing the same thing, it’s gotta be on the dev’s end

1 Like