Travel Chat 🌍 Share your stories!

I thought it would be really fun to say like where you have traveled, why it was special, etc.

I have personally never been out of the US, I really want to visit like Australia or New Orleans.

It doesn’t even have to be where you traveled it can be something cool about where you live!

I mean the only thing about the state I live in is that it’s green and pretty :woman_shrugging:t4:

Or you can talk about the people you have met, celebrities or friends.

Apparently I met Chris Pratt when I was like 3 in New York.

I just want you all to have fun with this because I am honestly dying to hear someone else’s stories because I am not well traveled even if it’s my dream.

If this flops oh well :woman_facepalming:t4:

6 Likes

Okay, my very first time traveling!!! Oh my god. I was so scared.

• Think my first time travelling was either going to the US or a family island in The Bahamas, because I am from The Bahamas.

US Visit:

• Okay, my first time going to the US, I was stunned!!! The airport, food, the roads, damn how do you guys not get lost on where you are trying to go. I was staying at my aunt’s house. We went running, pool, shopping, get something to eat. The thing that really surprised me was that when you shop, everything is cheap and not that expensive. Here in The Bahamas, it is so damn expensive. So, while we are driving, I am looking at the buildings, roads, I even saw a train, damn. Saw so many schools, houses, football fields, etc. Wow, really have a good landscape. I think I was in Fort Lauderdale if I am correct. Yep. So yeah the US does have a very nice good landscape, food, transportation, cheap stores. Uh, hm. Now the funny part was when we turn on the radio, the same songs come on, over and over again. Play something else!!! XDDDD

Family Island in The Bahamas:

• Okay, so me and my mother when to Andros, we went there for a vacation. Good housing, good service, food was very nice Went to the beach, though I did felt fish biting me. lol. We had a huge mosquito problem, they were everywhere, especially CRABS!!! LOL.

• Next family island visit was Eleuthera. I was there for a school field trip, went on a boat. Now, that was my first time going on a boat. I was scared because I really was overthinking wth could happen. But I try not to let it get the best of me. So me and class crew went to Eleuthera, we saw, The Glass Window Bridge, got some food, went to a shop to see some good items like the clothing, banana bread (another Bahamian dish), and just went driving until it was time to go back to the boat.

So yeah, I mean my travel experience was a bit good, and scary at the same time. The only country I would go to is the US because my aunt lives there with her family. No other country.

1 Like

It sounds like you had so much fun! Ughh i can’t wait to be able to travel and I’m sure it was scary but at least you were with someone! :heart_eyes::heart:
Also thank you for replying it was nice reading this!

1 Like

Np! This really brings back memories! I love it. :heart_eyes: :cowboy_hat_face: :sunglasses:

1 Like

I traveled from my fridge to my bed. Does that count?

3 Likes

:joy: Yeah it counts

1 Like

Yay!

1 Like

Well, I’ve lived in New York City for most of my life. I never really went anywhere except for when I went to Nigeria in 2018 to visit my cousins, aunts, and uncles, New Jersey, and the DMV area (if you don’t know it stands for Washington D.C, Maryland, and Virginia).

When I went to Nigeria it was honestly amazing!!! I ate all kinds of foods, saw traditional celebrations, stunning hotels and the house my father built for us to stay in, and we went to a lot of beaches and my cousins and I would go to the local river and they would jump off the built bridge into the river. I was so scared though so I didn’t even try that haha.

My traveling experience has been pretty good overall. I would love to travel more at least when covid and quarantine are officially over.

1 Like

That sounds incredible! :scream::heart_eyes:Even just living in New York sounds better than Washington. :unamused:

1 Like

There’s a lot of hype to living in New York, but honestly, it’s just regular :sweat_smile: . I’ve had my fair share of living both in the hood and in the suburbs and staying mostly within Manhattan for a portion of my life. I love New York with all my heart, but I still wanna leave at least for a while when I go off to college

2 Likes

I can understand what you mean I used to live in Colorado and when I moved everyone thought I was someone from the big city when it really isn’t that different. I am considering going back for school in a few years :blush:

1 Like

What’s Colorado like?! All I know is about the state’s love for weed :sob:

2 Likes

:joy: That is true! Well I want to go back because I feel like I was so much closer with everyone there and I could literally walk to my friends house everyday! It snows a lot, it once snowed on Mother’s Day and it gets really cold but there is a lot to do, good schools and this is kind of unpopular but I loved the libraries there! I lost a lot of my reading habits when I moved :disappointed:

1 Like

That sounds really cool! Except for the snow days and the cold. New York has such bipolar weather. It gets really cold one day then there’s summer weather for a day or two. We have a whole snowstorm right now😭

1 Like

colorado is very nice my grandma lives there and i go down every summer to visit, except for this one since well covid. the mountains are super nice and they have a lot of tourist attractions there, but it snows super early in the year i’m talking october. if you ever go i would recommend going hiking, and yeah there’s also a lot of love for weed you are absolutely correct on that :smiley: i personally live in missouri which is about 9 hours away from it but if you ask me it’s worth the drive :yawning_face:

1 Like

i’ve travelled to singapore twice,malaysia twice and thailand once
all for a program called lost in the city(i was at 7th grade) and lost in the country(i was at 9th grade)

basically we were on a group travelling to other country and try to navigate our ways without help, try to socialize with locals etc, we have to search for the destination ourself, find a job to have an experience,and we have a budget for each day so we have to plan on what we eat, how do we travel,etc
it was really fun,especially the first time i was on that program because there was 3 groups in it while the second time there was only one group with four people
but, the second time on that program left me with a memory i can never forget which is me losing my wallet in the first night i was in singapore :’)
what happened was me and the group was in one of the most crowded place in singapore at night shopping for foods/accessories/etc ,i was buying a pack of sliced watermelons for me to eat, and after that me and the group went to the subway to go back to our hotel, as i was grabbing my wallet, i realized it’s not there, but i didn’t panic, if anything everyone in my group got panicked but not me-
so me and one of the advisor went back to find my wallet but it was nowhere to be found so yeah…one night in the trip and i’m already broke asf
but good thing is that one of the participant is my older brother so i borrowed like ¼ of his money
lesson for all : always make sure you have everything in you and DON’T put all your money in one place, divide them so if you lose your wallet you’ll still have a backup money on you

3 Likes

Wow you sure did have quite the adventure! You are so lucky to have traveled that much it sounds really cool :heart_eyes:

1 Like

yeah! i feel v lucky to experienced that adventure twice
although it’s out of my comfort zone it’s nice to learn on how to survive in another country ykno

1 Like

Yeah I wish I had that kind of experience :heart::blush:

1 Like

hoping that you can experience that after the whole pandemic is done :heart:

1 Like